Property Q&A in Novato>Question Details

Sobhd69, Home Buyer in Petaluma, CA

how much is the space rent?

Asked by Sobhd69, Petaluma, CA Mon May 28, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3083176829-111-Marin-Valley-D…

Answers

4
We certainly don't mind answering your questions, however, before you ever put down any money on a MH in a rent/lease park/community you will need to get accepted by the park management at which time they will disclose the space rent, utilities, all related fees and costs and disclose the rule and regulations.

There are some other things you need to know about purchasing a manufactured home as well. If it's a pre HUD, built before June 15, 1976 there could be some issues with caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldahyde, asbestos, etc. Additionally, trying to obtain financing for a Pre HUD home is very difficult.

You also need to have the home thoroughly inspected by an experienced Manufactured Home inspector and not just any home inspector. There are several nuances about manufactured homes that an inexperienced MH inspector doesn't even know to addresss. 

Make sure they check the understructure (crawl space area) to see what kind of condition all the piers and pads are in and if the home is level.

They also need to check for rips and tears in the vapor barrier (membrane seperating the ground from the floor and holding the insulation in place. 

They also need to look for any signs of drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, gaping cracks in the soil, etc.

Many parks/communities were built in flood plains and have an inherent problem with drainage issues which can lead to instability of the piers and pads and mold issues. 

Finally make sure that the home has a Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) approved Earthquake Resistant Bracing System (ERBS) in place as that area is in a zone 4 seismic area and manufacture homes are extremely vulnerable to earthquakes. 

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. Even though we do not service your area we would be more than happy to help you at no cost. We have been in the manufactured home business for almost 30 years and are a licensed general and manufactured home contractor, manufactured home dealer and developer and a real estate broker.
$630.00 per month. However;this property is pending as of 5/25/2012. If I can assist you in finding a similar property, please let me know. ~Connie
111 MARIN VALLEY DRIVE rent for space is $630.47 a month. This mobile home is currently in contract. I can email you a list of mobile home that are available. Send me an email or give me a call I can help you.

Warm regards,

Miguel A Paredes III
Lic. # 01790855
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
915 Diabo Ave
Novato, CA 94947
Office: 415 899 9228
Cell: 415 233 3235
Email: mparedes@fhallen.com
Web Site: http://www.thenorthbayrealtor.com
The space rent for this property is $630.47 monthly. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Have a great memorial day weekend.
Mark Adams
Bradley Real Estate
415-246-1471