Property Q&A in Naples>Question Details

Joanna Duncan, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

how much does it cost per square footage to bulid a home in naples, florida?

Asked by Joanna Duncan, Naples, FL Tue May 8, 2012

Answers

8
Hello Joanna,
Not only am I a Real Estate Broker but I am also a Residential Contractor here in Naples. The cost of the homes that I build in the Naples area are $100 per square foot (not including lot, clear or fill). Please visit my website http://www.CozyCottageFL.com for more information and restrictions. Also please call me at 239-821-5569 if you would like to discuss your future home.
Gary Gebelhoff
CRC1326442
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 8, 2012
Hi Joanna,

Sounds like you are trying to decide between buying a resale home or building a new one.

It is hard to answer without knowing the location. The Naples area with the lowest land values is Golden Gate Estates. Since the price of homes in general has dropped so low, land is very cheap there. The median cost per Sq. Ft. of 1034 resale homes sold in the past twelve months in Golden Gate Estates is $230 a Sq Ft. and that includes the cost of the land. When you add impact fees, potential wetland mitigation fees, upgrades, land costs, and location choices, I think you will find that resale homes offer more choices and are a better value.

If you want to build the home of your dreams, buy a lot and go for it. If you are driven by what is the best value, I think you will find better choices among the resale homes.

Bill Sontag, Realtor
239-293-2926
wsontag@earthlink.net
on the low end 150 a square,,,,,,through a production builder less. If you would like more details contact me and I will connect you.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
Joanna,
Yes, I agree there are too many variables to answer your question with any true meaning. Is there a particular area where you're looking at land? What are the homes around it so that your's is conforming with the neighborhood? What are your needs as far as square footage? All these things need answers before anyone can give you a meaningful answer. If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to contact me directly.
Joanna, may I suggest your first step in the building process is to find the building site...location, development (clearing the land or building site) costs, permiting requirements everything starts with the site. If you have the property to build on, the next step would be to look at floor plans for a general idea of the square footage to meet your family needs. Having approximatly 35 years experience in the construction industry in Naples, there are many variables to determining per square foot costs.

For a free consult, please call 239-250-1603 direct.

Professionally,

Linda Granata, Realtor
Depends upon what you want to put into the property, excluding the land...a good estimate is $150/sf for a basic house with no, no, no upgrades....to over $1,000 for multi-milion dollar homes. Location also is an important aspect, plus location in a community...water, preserve, gulf access, on and on....call if you want to further discuss this and where new building is happening. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601
Joanna,

It is just too vague a question to answer with any real numbers. You have too many choices like tile, wood, carpet, marble, travertine and thats just the flooring. There are builders that will build for $80 and upto and above $300 per sq ft. It all depends on what the buyer wants to have in their new home. With that said I do know some good builders that have a very nice product in the $85 price range. That does not include the lot and there would not be a pool. If you would like some websites of builders send me an email.

Good Luck
Hi Joanna,
I recently posed the same question to a builder for one of my clients. The location/requirements may vary, and we were looking at vacant land in Golden Gate Estates.
The answer was roughly $200/sq. ft. including septic, etc. The building standards are also changing with new "e" rated windows.

Please contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Yours,
Mary Horesco