Property Q&A in Unadilla>Question Details

Lara Fassler, Both Buyer and Seller in 13905

how much do they pay a year for heating bills, how about electric and gas? How much are school taxes and town or county taxes for this home?

Asked by Lara Fassler, 13905 Sat Jul 3, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3015007688-118-Fred-Braun-Rd-…

Answers

2
The answer to your utility question is rather vague. The reason is that my mother uses more fuel in her 1,100 sq. ft. house that was built in the 1950's and is fully insulated then I use in my 3,000 sq.ft. home built in 1850.
I often wonder why people ask this question. I ask some of my buyers after a year what their usage is and compare it to the previous owners last year and rarely do they coincide. Something as little as how much food you store in the fridge can make a difference, how many loads of laundry, is the tv on all day, do you leave the window open, did they leave it open. So bascially what I'm saying is that for those numbers to matter the important question is will your lifestyle mirror theirs.
As you know, utility bills will be based on usage--if you don't have an agent to find the information for you, ask the current owner(s) your questions, they will have answers regarding taxes, utilities, etc.