Property Q&A in Kailua Kona>Question Details

Susie Regnier, Home Buyer in Waikoloa, HI

how much are the hoa fees does this unit rent out I am looking for something to rent out till I get ready to move in to it thxs?

Asked by Susie Regnier, Waikoloa, HI Thu Jun 7, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3071266782-Condo-Kailua-Kona-…

Answers

4
HOA fees are currently $396 per month. This unit is a vacation rental with a five day minimum. It currently rents for $90-$95 per night. With some upgrades, it could rent for more.
Theresa: I think you're looking at the wrong condo! I have this one listed and personally own a portion of the property....so I'm pretty sure my answer is correct. Please edit your comment.
Flag Thu Jun 7, 2012
The Leasehold and the maintenance fees together are currently $611 per month. The property can be used either as a vacation rental or long term per the HOA. The rental history on this unit has been great! I am part owner of the property as well as the listing agent. Have your agent call me or call me directly for a showing NOW as the unit has available viewing windows this month. It has been very hard to get prospective buyers into the property as it was heavily rented during the high season. Roxy Van Bockel, RS 808 345 6105 roxy@realestateroxy.com
Aloha Susie,
Savannah answered your question as to the fees but I wanted to add that when inquiring about maintenance fees or HOA fees it is also important to find out what those fees cover. For example at Kalanikai complex in Kona the maintenance fees are $616.00 a month but cover electricity, water, basic cable, all common ground maintenance, and building insurance. Ask Savannah to send you info on my listing at Kalanikai when you contact her.
Happy Condo Hunting,
Bridget Andrew (Realtor)
Coldwell Banker Maryl Realty
Bridgsails@earthlink.net
808-557-9615
Susie,
This particular unit is leasehold property, which means you own the condo but only lease the land for a pre-determined number of years, this particular lease being good until 2029 when it would renegotiate. The current lease is $209.00 a month and the maintenance fees are $402.00 a month. Many folks purchase a condo and rent it out to cover the mortgage payments until they can move here. This is a great time to buy because our prices have come down and interest rates are at an all time low. If you would like more information on purchasing a condo here please don't hesitate to contact me and I can send you listings to review.
Aloha,
Savannah Scott, R
ABR, CRS, CHMS,ePRO,GRI,SFR
Hawaii Paradise Properties, Inc.
75-5744 Alii Drive, Suite 168
Kailua Kona, HI 96740
808-728-0223
GetHappi@gmail.com