Property Q&A in Vass>Question Details

Psteets, Home Buyer in Clementon, NJ

how do you find out when a property was sold.?

Asked by Psteets, Clementon, NJ Thu Aug 5, 2010

this is concerning 105 creekview dr,vass nc

Answers

1
The best way is to learn to use the county website. If you knew the sellers' name (or the buyers') you could search the register of deeds for the actual recording of the deed, which is on line in real time. If not, you can look up the address in the tax records, which will give you lots of info about the property, including most recent sale date and amount. The problem with this is the tax records are not updated immediately and it may not yet have the latest owner in the record. (but come to think of it, then it would give you the previous owner's name, so you could go back to the register of deeds and search for that name as a GRANTOR to find the deed.
If you would like some links and tips on using the Moore County site, give me a call or email me, happy to help. 910-315-9977 and jillford@kw.com