John Kelleher, Both Buyer and Seller in 94118

how do I update the public record of the sqft of my house? The record understates the sqft by about 25%

Asked by John Kelleher, 94118 Tue Jul 14, 2009

The home was completely renovated and expanded in 2003,.

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:



Assuming it was done with permits, if you correct the status it will increase your tax bill. If not, you will have to make it legal and if things weren't done properly you could be forced to undo the work. If you are doing this because you want to sell the property, a 3R Report showing completed permits should suffice, but any time you take mystery out of real estate it adds value. If you get the situation corrected officially there will be no room for interpretation. If you did work without permits talk to a professional before proceeding any further.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Managing Broker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 15, 2009
Go to the County recorders office or use the website below to find out exactly what they need to see to prove that the record is wrong.
Understand that if there were additions done with permit they should have that record and the added value will be added to the tax basis. If work was done without permit, you might eed to get permits and inspections.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 14, 2009
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer