Property Q&A in San Diego>Question Details

amyseltzman.…, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

how close to mass-transit is this house? Any info about closet capacity?

Asked by amyseltzman.tinkle, San Diego, CA Wed Feb 8, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3073598138--Grape-St-San-D…

Answers

4
Hi Amy,

Grape Street is in the South Park neighborhood, just east of Balboa Park, and south of the North Park neighborhood. There's a bus stop at 30th & Grape St., a few blocks away. Keep in mind that this home isn't listed, it's just had a Notice of Default filed. The owner has options like paying to make it current, refinancing, filing bankruptcy, selling it, etc.

When you see a price on a pre-foreclosure listing here, like the $186,000 you saw for this property, that's not the sale price, that's what's owed to the bank. If that house was foreclosed and the bank sold it, it would be more like $250K to $300K, possibly more depending on the condition of the home.

$186,000 is a tough price point, even in East County, unless you're looking for a fixer, and have 20% down for a loan or cash for a real fixer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cory
Hello Amy~

Sinead is right, this home is not listed for sale. I would imagine you wanted to use Trulia to search for foreclosures or pre-foreclosures. This type of search will pull up properties that are delinquent, but I see this lists the loan amount of $186,000, which may appear tempting if you think that you can purchase the hiome for that amount. More than likely the price may be higher IF it were for sale. If you start a relationship with and work with an a Real Estate Agent, they will be able to guide you to the best real estate deals that fit your budget. It is so much easier than searching on your own, plus it's FREE, buyers do not pay the commission, find an expert and let them help.

Good Luck:-)

Chris Gorno
Web Reference: http://www.ChrisGorno.com
Grape St in the South Park area is central SD City area. The Yellow Trolley line is just south of the home; about 1/2 mile I would say. The closest station is Commercial and 32nd.

I am not sure about closet space; I do not see any comparable properties listed in that area to get a better feel for it.
Hi Amy,
South Park is pretty close to downtown, where you can find all mahor forms of transit. This home is not for sale, however, there is a notice of default filed, which means that the owner is late in making their mortgage payments. It could go to a short sale, it could go to a regular sale, it could go to foreclosure, OR the owner can decide to pay their mortgage and get back to being current.

If you are interested in property in South Park, or anywhere else, feel free to contact me. I know the inventory inside & out and would love to help you out.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com