Property Q&A in Westchester>Question Details

David Brouss…, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

how can you have 3 bathrooms and only 1 bedroom?

Asked by David Broussard, Los Angeles, CA Mon Jun 4, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3058446385--Lmu-Dr-Los-Angeles-…

Answers

5
Beware of Craigslist scams.

My own home is on the market in Los Angeles 90024 for $6,000 per month. Some lunatic scam artist has been offering my home for $600 pr month on Craigslist, using my address and the photograph of my house. At one point he created a Yahoo email account using my real name. I filed a police report but he continues to offer my house for lease requiring people who respond to his ad to send him a $500 deposit. Are people really this stupid?

Yesterday during Sunday open house, three people came to see for themselves and each admitted that they were screwed by this internet criminal. They also said "it seemed too good to be true"... Expecting to lease a 4 Bedroom 3 bath house in an expensive part of town for $600 dollars is not just naive its is ignorant.

Use a Realtor to check out and verify a property and help you find what you need...WE DO NOT COST YOU ANY MONEY, the landlord or the homeowner pays our commissions. It has become outrageous that people come to open houses and use phony names, phony telephone numbers and fictitious emails... Why? If you insist on this stupid behavior then level with the agent at an open house that you are just window shopping. The agent will let you wonder about and not waste their time on you when others in the house might be serious tenants or buyers.

Why people resist using Realtors is somewhat of a mystery... unless there are those of you who believe in Do-It-Yourself Real Estate? Have you tried self-surgery, learn to fly an airplane or investment banking on your own? Is there no end to the myth that you can do anything on the Internet with no education and no training?

As for Sub-lease, those are quite dangerous, especially if the property owner is unaware of the arrangement and their lease does not permit subleasing. Both the tenant and the subleasing tenant will be evicted and what money you have paid to this 3rd party will go down the drain... and you will have no legal leg to stand on. Buyer Beware!
Hi David:

This looks like "too good to be true" ad...anyone can post on Truila what ever they want. Be Aware of scams on Trulia, craigslist.com and other sites where anyone can post.

May I assist you with looking for a place?

Feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance.

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
You need to be warned of scammers. It would be in your BEST Interest to read my 2 blog postings by clicking my picture here on Trulia, it's called "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE!". This will aid you in your quest for a rental property.

The listing you're asking about is from "SUBLETS.COM" a sublet means that you're NOT going to have a lease agreement with the Legal Owner. You're basically going to Rent from someone else who MAY OR MAY NOT have a valid lease agreement with the actual legal owner.

Not every Sublet is a scam, but I strongly caution you when leasing this way.

I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Homes in the 1920's and 1930's were built very differently. Simplicity was a quality we all used to enjoy as a society... people had 2 pairs of shoes, 4 dress shirts and 2 suits... they made it work with little... so the closet space and living area needed was not much. The bathroom is a clear example of it.

Unfortunately today we have such busy schedules that we all have to leave home by 7.45 AM causing a major traffic jam in the bathroom because we all have to use it at the same time!

That is why you have 1 bathroom and 3 bedrooms in a house built in LA in the heyday of buildup.

I hope this helps.

If you like my answer give it a thumbs up!

Ron Escobar, MBA
Broker and General Contractor
ron@select-realestate.com
Hi David, it seems to be a house where only one of the bedrooms is available for rent, but there are three bathrooms in the house that are shared. I THINK...the ad is worded a little weirdly.

Diane McDonald
Prudential California Realty