Property Q&A in Haledon>Question Details

Dennis J, Other/Just Looking in Haledon, NJ

how can i find out if a property has sold?

Asked by Dennis J, Haledon, NJ Wed Oct 13, 2010

Answers

3
Hi Dennis,

Be careful with that business plan in this market. A high proportion of listings are not selling and a high proportion of sold listings are not closing. It is an intensely fractious market right now.

You should not provide the kind of service you are talking about for $20. You are giving your talents away for that price, and in many cases you will be doing a photo shoot for $20. I would charge the full $149 payable upfront and rebate $50 if the property does not sell.

Your time is worth a lot more than you are proposing. And working for agents who are too cheap to pay $149 for a decent shoot and tour will be the death of you.

Go after top agents and present your stuff in person. I happen to shoot with an EOS 5D2 and do my post with CS4 and Photomatix for HDR so I know how time consuming a high quality treatment can be. I would use you on a high end property where I do not have a multi-flash setup, but I mostly do the photography myself because I find it to be fun and interesting. However, I may be getting a $4 million listing in the near future and if I do, I'll call you as some of the shots might require 5 or 6 flash units and I only have two 580 EX2s.

Meanwhile, if you need closing data on any house, just e-mail me and I'll send you the data. Only takes a second or so for me to look it up.

Good luck and maybe we'll do some business soon if I get this listing.

-Marc

Marc Paolella
Relocation Director/Appraiser
Century 21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Phone (direct): (973) 584-4235
Coolest map-based home search: http://www.marcpaolella.com
Hi Marc, thank you for the reply, my situation is that I am a pro photographer & just started doing online photo tours. My niche is to offer quality professional images for an upfront fee of only $20.00, if the property sells, you pay the balance of 149.00 after the closing, however if the contract ends & the home doesn't sell, you owe me nothing more. I offer unique & different images such as, HDR, birdseye, creative renderings, night shots, pro floor plans & more. My problem is that I have no way of verifying if a listing has sold and when. From your reply it sounds as if I need to partner up with an agent. If you or anyone else has an interest let me know.

Dennis J
Hi Dennis,

Post the address, we'll let you know. Tax records are also available publicly, but they run weeks to months behind the market. If you have ongoing interest and will need to know the status of properties on a continuing basis, it is best to establish a relationship with a real estate agent who can keep you updated. There is no public website with up to the minute sold data. That has to come from an agent.

-Marc

Marc Paolella
Relocation Director/Appraiser
Century 21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Phone (direct): (973) 584-4235