Property Q&A in Portland>Question Details

Rebecca Will…, Home Buyer in Centennial, Portland,...

how can I find out more about this property and how I can look inside? If it is not listed anymore is it still available for sale? goldenhoney36@yaho

Asked by Rebecca Willis, Centennial, Portland, OR Sat Feb 6, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1046051123-2315-SE-157th-Ave-…

Answers

6
Short sales and the way they show up on the MLS's are ruining the market in many ways. Many if not most of them are mishandled and are not for sale at the price they are advertised at and I think akin to fraud and false advertising.

They should be treated as a whole new category of property that is considered very "Iffy" and not really 100% for sale. The poor buyer views these homes online only to say "Hey I can get whatever I want" when the reality is not that at all.

Rebecca there are some great buys out there. But the old saying still applies... "If it looks too good to be true ______________" well you fill in the blanks.

Best wishes;

Dirk Knudsen
Re\Max Metro Gold
Broker
Web Reference: http://www.theknudsens.com
Hi Rebecca,

As you prepare to find a home I just wanted to add a note about searching listings on sites like Trulia...many times listings are not updated by the listing agent. For instance that home is still showing up and has been a cancelled listing since October. There was an offer on it in the short sale process at that time...To receive quality service and listing data that is totally and always up to date please feel free to contact me. I can create an automatic home search with your specific desired criteria and you can see listings as soon as they are posted onto the RMLS. You will see price changes, and new listings right away without of the frustrations of conducting your own search daily.

If you are interested in having your own specialized agent working for you (it doesn't cost you anything!) please contact me. I would love to assist you in locating the home of your dreams! FYI, there are 69 four + bedroom homes in the area around that listing...all under 300K and 48 under 250K. Of those there are 11 that have 5 or 6 bedrooms.

Feel free to check my profile, history of answers to Trulia questions and zip over to my web site for more information and to request helpful information and assistance. I wish you well!

June Lizotte, Real Estate Broker
Providing REAL Service
June Lizotte Real Estate
503-310-8032
june@junelizotte.com
Web Reference: http://www.junelizotte.com
Hi Rebecca,

If you are looking for a home to buy it is good to get pre approved by a lender prior to putting an offer on a home. This will certainly add to the strength of your offer as most sellers especially in our present environment will require this with your offer anyway. I work for a direct mortgage banker here in Portland which means everything is done locally, underwriting, drawing loan papers and in house funding. This will save you lots of time which can be crucial in a sale especially with sensitive short sales closing dates. If you have someone you are presently working with make sure you get a pre approval for the sales price you are looking for. If you don't please give me a call and I would be happy to assist you in answering any questions you may have regarding your mortgage loan. Thanks Rebecca
Dear Rebecca,
You should really know about my Home Finder Pro Program. You can search anything and everything listed in Oregon and SW Washington from My Website and save notes, searches, and receive updates in real time, via email. Foreclosures are listed there too! This is completely confidential and no obligation. However, call me for a complete buyer consultation, and we can meet at a property that is more likely to be available to close on. - Jewel
Rebecca, this home was a short sale, so any number of things could have happened to remove it from the pool; from the Realtor standpoint it is simply listed as "canceled." It looks like a lovely home, though! There are some great mid-century classics on the east side - one of my favorite styles.

Give me a call if you'd like some assistance in your search; I specialize in buyers! You're also welcome to search using the IDX option on my page without having to give a name or number.

Best of luck to you,

Deb
Web Reference: http://www.welcometopdx.com
Hi Rebecca,
The home is "off the market" as of October, 2009. Its hard to say what the current owner's situation is. I would recommend that your Realtor can help you find out. If you don't have one, of course there are Realtors available to help. It may be that the owner is still willing to sell, and you could try to find out who the owner is and contact them. Of course, using the professional services of a Realtor to walk you through the process is a much better way to go, especially in today's buying environment. Best to you and let me know if you have any other questions.