Property Q&A in San Diego>Question Details

G Gordon, Home Buyer in Little Italy, San Di...

hi is this property for sale? thanks g gordon

Asked by G Gordon, Little Italy, San Diego, CA Fri Jun 18, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3002900700-2432-Madison-Ave-S…

Answers

5
Hi there,

Sale Pending on a short sale in Trulia could either mean that the buyer and seller (and the bank) are under contract, or it could mean "Contingent," which just means that an offer has been submitted to the bank for review and hopefully written approval. After further observation, I found that this property is Contingent, so they're not in escrow yet. You can usually put in an offer anyway, because the bank may not accept the current offer's price and/or terms, plus buyers often will walk, even if they have an offer into the bank, because they found another property. Happens all the time, in fact, I advise my buyers to keep looking just in case it doesn't get accepted.

Short sale sellers often stop showing their property when they send an offer into the bank. But buyers walk all the time, so never say never on a short sale. Let me know if you'd like to submit a backup offer, or would like some help in getting a property.

Cory
Buongiorno to Little Italy!

Don't take this the wrong way but I must say that after nearly 3 decades as a broker I can tell you that the devil is in the details, and you struck out at home plate in the observations department!

Looking at the listing you will see a green button that says "sale pending". You can also see in the listing dialogue that it is a "short sale", are you prepared to deal with short sale issues?

Since you are looking to invest over a quarter million bucks you need some help! This business of buying a home looks so simple with so much "information" on the internet, let me tell you, that is wrong. Yes there is a lot of really good information out there, digest it all! But unless you have bought and sold at least two homes in the past DON'T go it alone.

My apologies if I hurt your feelinge but being brutally honest is very important in this regard. If you have any questions feel free to email me, but be prepared for the answer.

Ciao!

Steve Innis, Broker
San Diego CA
Lic # 00644965
858-922-2411
Steve@steveinnis(dot)com
That property is under contract, however I would like to help you find your new home. You can email me at calljacqui@gmail.com and let me know what you are looking for

Jacqui Douglas
Elite Realty
dre# 01407829
The property is a short sale with an accepted offer pending bank approval.

To see homes for sale that are available in 92116 go to: http://www.queststarrealty.com/UniversityHeights.ubr

Happy House Hunting!
MLS says "No further showings until further notice".

If you are looking for properties like this the website below has a MLS link. Thanks! Paul