Shiv, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

hi i am new here and i am working in philadelphia market east if i want to buy a home in NJ so help me .l

Asked by Shiv, Philadelphia, PA Mon Apr 27, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1067333549-1215-Newton-Ave-Ha…

Answers

8
Hi Shiv:
My advice is to look for someone who specializes with people who are planning or recently have moved to the area(Certified Relocation Agents) and are Accredited Buyer's Representatives through the National Association of Realtors. All agents can represent a buyer, but those who are ABR's have actually obtained further educational requirments and performance criteria to obtain the designation.
The second thing I would recommend is doing an interview with former clients after you have had a chance to interview the agent on the phone. Remember, they are working for you and a good relationship is necessary.
The third thing I would look for is an agent who is willing to represent "one-side" only in a transaction negotiation. This way you are assured that they are representing only your interest during this process.
I know if a buyer looks at one of my listing properties and is interested in making an offer, I refer them to another agent since I am already obligated to my seller to represent their interests first....so how could I get the buyer the best deal?
Anyway, best of luck to you and be sure to give me a call for that "initial interview" if I can be of further assistance....and welcome!
Sheri
Sheri Smith, ABR,CRS,GRI
Prudential Fox & Roach
Broker Associate/Relocation
(856) 616-7006
SheriSmith@SingleSideRealtor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 28, 2009
Shiv:
Did you ever find a home in the South Jersey area? I would be interested to see how you like it and if your expectations were met! I moved here 23 years ago from Arizona and find myself always defending New Jersey to those who unaware of how much it has to offer!
Shiv:
One of the first things I do on behalf of a buyer is to look up the history of a property in the tax record. This can give you an idea of not only when the house was bought by the current owners, but what the price was that they paid and is the asking price within a "normal" appreciation realm. This history on this particular listing is that it was purchased in 1999 for a mortgage amount of 108,000. In 2008 ownership was changed for what is termed "nominal" usually meaning someone quickclaimed the deed for a minimal amount (usually a $1). For the usual historic appreciation rate of 25% for a five year period, this home should have an appreciated approx. 50% since it was purchased. This of course is negating the period of time from 2000 to 2006 when the national appreciation rate was 89% thus leading to the correction we are now seeing with seller's trying to price their home.

When dealing with this formula, the home should be priced around 169,000 to 175,000. Most listing agents and sellers will price a home above what they actually intend to sell the home for simply because they "expect" to have a lower offer from a potential buyer and hopefully an agreement can be made somewhere in the middle. In my professional opinion, if you could get this particular home for under the 200 price, it would be a logical move.
I do know that the neighborhood is great along with having an excellent school system.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you or if you would like to schedule a time convenient to view this property and others in the area. I would be more than happy to represent you including steering you in the right direction for prequalification for financing.
If you have not owned a home in the last three years, you may qualify for the $8000 tax credit from the federal government as long as you close on your new home prior to December 1, 2009.

Sheri
Shiv,

Its in your best ihat you have a buyer's agent represent your sole interest. For your convenience I'm providing you with this link. http://www.YourNJHomeSearch.com This is a backdoor to our local MLS. You can search by map or by county. The homes are updated daily with available pics and tax info. Feel free to call me anytime direct. I live in the area and my office is in Cherry Hil.

Jeremy S. Hill, Realtor Associate
http://www.SouthNewJerseyHomes.com
Office: 856.685.1651
Direct: 609.876.5817
Fax: 609.482.8235
Licensed PA, NJ
"Your Interest 1st Always"
Hi Shiv,

We are the listing agents for the property on Newton Ave. We would be more than happy to answer any specific questions you have regarding the home or set up a time to take you on a private tour. It is actually located in Haddon Township and is a very easy commute to Philadelphia, especially the Market East Area. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kathy Boyle Laufer & RIta Boyle O'Brien
The #1 Team
Century 21 CGW
Cell: 856-304-3839 or 856-308-9536
SisterSales@Century21.com
Hello Shiv,
You have apparently already started your search. That's a great start. There are many things that need to be addressed now that you made a decision to buy. whether it be Pa NJ or anywhere else.

1. Qualification... How much home can you purchase? What budget have you put away that you would like to afford? Are you a first time home buyer? (meaning have you owned a home in last 36 months? Having a strong pre qualification certification is essential before you start seriously looking for your new home.

2. Area you would like to buy in?accessibility to major roads to your work? How far do you want your commute to be? Are you looking for an old town charm? Older home? newer home? Style of home?

As already said here, there is a lot of inventory(homes for sale). However, the inventory has been dwindling with regard to nicer homes availability... Nicer homes are being "snatch up" quickly... There are so many homes that need work. But there are many that are ready to be moved in... A Real Estate Pro will provide an analysis of the market trends for the area you are looking. So when it comes to making an offer, you get it right the first time. Making an informed decision of what a home is worth is important so you do not over pay for your new home.

Keep doing your searches, but let a professional do most of your work for you. Providing lots of choices in the beginning is important. But narrowing your search is more important.

Having a representative on your side that has knowledge of buyer programs that will enable you to grants, first time home buyer programs, and yes the much advertised tax credit. Many towns offer incentives on their own from money grants, to tax abatements. What programs do yo qualify for that provide buying power. the government is "giving away the house" when it comes to incentives to buy. Most are 1st time home buyer programs but you want to know all your options, and get the most you deserve.

Getting the most for your money is important; negotiations! There are steps to take to get you more when it comes to making your offer to purchase. Don;t be left cold thinking maybe you should have done things differently.

Contact me anytime (7 days and evenings ) for more information. I look forward to speaking with you.

Larry Sarlo
Weichert Realtors
http://www.lsarlo@comcast.net
609-868-1171 (my direct private line)
Web Reference: http://www.NJHomeHunter.com
Hi Shiv,
Welcome to the Delaware Valley. This is a great time to buy. Inventories are high, prices have finally reached the bottom and you may be eligible for a tax credit as a first time buyer.

The property in Haddon Heights is one of many that we could look at. Visit my websites to learn more about my services then give me a call so we can make an appointment.

Marilyn Geiger
Weichert Realtors
Full time, Web Savvy Realtor®
ABR - Accredited Buyer Representative
CRS - Certified Residential Specialist
609-238-0465
Dear Shiv, My name is Tina Martin. I work for Prudential Fox and Roach, Haddonfield, NJ. I have been an agent for over 15 years and am primarily a Buyers Representative. I would very much like to help you in your search for a home in New Jersey. I have lived her for 30 years and have in-depth knowledge of all areas in Souther New Jersey. Let me welcome you to our area and please contact me so that we can discuss your housing needs. I look forward to hearing from you shortly. You can contact me at my office at 856-616-7030 or my Trulia Profile page.