Property Q&A in Wellington>Question Details

Allison Tayl…, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

hello-taxes and hoa fees?

Asked by Allison Taylor, West Palm Beach, FL Wed Jun 22, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3027898203-4721-Carlton-Golf-…

Answers

3
Allison,

This property is located in Wycliffe Golf & Country Club in Wellington which is experiencing problems as many buyers are rejecting the costs associated with membership and in this market it is having an impact on real estate sales. The HOA fees currently run $1,320 per quarter, or $440 per month and property taxes for this year are $1,953 which includes the non ad-valorem charges and a $50,000 homestead exemption.

But that is only the start as as a property owner at Wycliffe you will also be obligated to be a member and have three different membership levels to choose from; Silver, Gold or Platinum. Each has different equity deposits and annual fee schedules and if you would like details on that just give me a call. You will also find that some homes have the membership included but there are transfer fees. Wycliffe, like other clubs, are evaluating different programs to help new members justify the expense.

To give you an idea of the metrics of the market in Wycliffe there are currently 40 properties actively for sale ranging from $65,000 for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom condo up to $775,000 for single family home with 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths and 4,010 total square feet. As of this morning there are a total of 11 properties under contract waiting to close; only 1 of these is a short sale so the odds are good most of these will in fact close. Over the past 12 months a total of 20 properties have closed with sales prices ranging from $100,000 up to $425,000. This leaves us with a 2 year inventory based on 12 month sales which is very high for the local market that has been showing some amazing strength. A lot of that has to do with the private club costs but many buyers looking for the club experience are getting some fantastic deals.

As a buyer you have a great opportunity to negotiate unbelievable deals in Wycliffe so if you are looking for a top notch private club facility in Wellington it is certainly worth a look. I work almost entirely as a buyers agent and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com
Hi Allison,

In regards to your question about the taxes and the HOA fees on this property located at 4721 Carlton Golf, the taxes are $1559 and Hoa is $1320 a quarter. PLEASE note this home is located in Wycliffe Country Club which has a Mandadory Membership of $48,000! Which means you would have to pay $48,000 on Top of the the cost of the home. I live here in Wellington Where Wycliffe is located. If you would like some information on other proeprties without a membership please feel free to email me. You can sent me your criteria for your new home and I will send you what is available in your price range. I can also set you up on a property match so when a new listing hits the market you will be the first to know.

Patti Swass
Home Run Real Estate Inc.
Cell-561-301-6448
$1953.43 taxes for 2010,
HOA - $1,320 paid quaterly.