Property Q&A in Framingham>Question Details

Michelle She…, Other/Just Looking in 01760

has this home had water damage? what non-cosmetic repairs does the home need?

Asked by Michelle Sheppard, 01760 Sat Mar 7, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/photos/1074464267-20-Sewell-S…

Answers

3
I've been in the house and yes, it has significant water damage due to burst pipes. The house just sold. If you would like the particulars I'd be happy to help. Contact me.
The first thing you need to know,.. one way way to find this out is being observant and looking at the baseboards and plaster / blueboard...it would wick up water from the base. You could also check Insurance claims? ..public town records. Another option would be to do a pre-offer home inspection. Often people have a pipe burst and do a repair, this does not constitute a complete diasaster. Asking agents isn't neccisarily the way to get this particular answer- unless a realtor has had specific dealings with this property.

I wish you the best of luck,

David F.
it does not appear to be listed in MLS and I could find no history of a previous sale. It was purchase acording to public records in 12/05 for $340,000.
good luck, John