Property Q&A in Montague>Question Details

Philj82, Home Buyer in Montague, NJ

has there been an estimate for how much the mold remediation will cost?

Asked by Philj82, Montague, NJ Sat Mar 24, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3011395130-26-Brookhaven-Way-…

Answers

6
Thank you for the answer but that is just not worth the money to me. That house would have to be much cheaper for me to shell out that kind of money for repairs.
My name is Aaron Fragnito, I am an agent with Remax Competitive Edge and the listing agent for this property. The property needs about $30,000 - $40,000 in mold remediation and plumbing repairs. You will need to purchase it with cash or an FHA Renovation loan. Please contact me at 908-625-0264 for more information or to preview the property. Thank you!
I had a property in Sussex that had an issue and I had a company come out and do a free estimate and we were able to work it into the deal. The property closed, the work was done and all went well. Education is always a god thing when making such a huge decision. If you would like to know the name of the company that we used please feel free to contact me.
No thanks, I wouldn't even consider this house unless I knew how much the remediation soul set me back. Thank you
I am checking to see if there is an estimate available. There are local mold remediation specialists to whom I can refer you. This property is a short sale, which we can also discuss if you are interested.

Judy Golland
Broker Associate
REALTY EXECUTIVES
"Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource"
Judy@JudyGolland.com
It's going to depend on the type of mold and how much mold has to be eliminated. Mold needs two things to live, food and water, just like all living things. So you first have to find the source of the moisture and correct that. Then you have to remove the source of food. Mold eats paper, so it can often be the paper covering the drywall. Then you have to remove the mold and, if drywall is the source of the mold, replace the drywall. There are several good mold remediation companies who could give you an estimate, I would be happy to provide some resources if you want to contact me at smacdowell@kw.com