Property Q&A in 33186>Question Details

Alexcami1, Home Buyer in 33196

filling a pool with water

Asked by Alexcami1, 33196 Tue Jun 19, 2012

how much does it cost to fill a pool with water?

Answers

6
You need to go to Miami-dade.gov web page, them look for water department. Water and Sewer in their page they have the form for filling pool. Fill it and send to Water and Sewer Deparment previous to start the job and this is going to count your water that day in half.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 20, 2012
How big is the pool, how many gallons capacity?
129,222.39 Gallons
Flag Thu Sep 25, 2014
Whena new pool is built they give you a letter stating so, that you take to the water authority and they credit you for any swewer fees you may have been charged. If you intent to refill an existing pool, contact your water service first and ask if they will give you a No Sewer fee for 10,000 gallons.

Important, if the pool is currently fool of green water it can be cleaned and reused.

Very Important, if you deside to empty the pool, the plug on the bottom has to be removed to allow ground water to sit into the pool. Otherwise if there is to much ground water the pool can be lifted of the ground (few inches to 2 feet) and crack, or end up higher on one side than the other. So don't empty it yourself, get a professional pool cleaning service to do so.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Thanks! The pool was fixed so the water was lowered but now the pool needs to be cleaned. Would you recommend emptying the pool ?Any suggestions?
Flag Tue Jun 19, 2012
Hello Alex, Depending on the size of the pool the price to fill it up will vary but you are looking at a range from $200 - $350 if the water is not to to bad you can just clean the water with chlorine and different cleaners get it back to usable shape. I would consult with the location where you get you're pool supplies and see what they recommend maybe it dosen't need to be changed or if it is empty the price range I gave you is a good estimate of how much it will cost, have a great day, I'm here for you're Real Estate needs!

Luis Giannattasio
REO/SHORT SALE Specialist
Lic. Realtor
Xcellence Realty
Fax: 305-246-2525
sellingmiamihomes@gmail.com
Web sellingmiamihomes.net
Good Morning Alex,

I recently filled up my pool, and I do not recall having an increase in my water bill that significant. What you can do is call Miami Dade Water and Sewer and advise them that you had to fix/repair your pool and will be refilling it, what would they advise.

Lila Lopez
RE/MAX Advance Realty
homesbylila@yahoo.com
When I filled up my pool, which came out to be around 10,000 gallons. It Ran about 250. But , you can also go to the water department and tell them you filled up the pool yourself and they will give your some credit back. Make sure you have some receipts for proof that you indeed filled it up yourself. Hope I helped.
Thank you!
Flag Tue Jun 19, 2012