Property Q&A in Chelsea>Question Details

Patricia Sav…, Renter in White Plains, NY

does this property allow renting. I'm looking to invest only

Asked by Patricia Savino, White Plains, NY Fri Mar 8, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3097946173-101-W-23rd-St-2F-N…

Answers

4
It is a co-op. If you are looking to purchase as an investor, I would advise you only look at condos. While some co-ops are more lenient or more strict than others on subletting, there is always the expectation that the unit be owner-occupied. The vehicle of investment and for unlimited subletting is a condo.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Excellent advice. thank you. It's unfortunate that there are limited condos available south of 90st in the $290,000 range.
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013

The building policy is that you have to live in the apartment for 2 years and then after the 2 year period you can sublet for 2 out of 5 years. The owner is willing to pay 1 years worth of maintenance and that could possibly be increased to 2 years if someone was interested in purchasing. I hope that helps! I'm having an open house on Sunday if you would like to come by, 12-1pm.
Keep in mind that most co-ops have restrictive policies, therefore for investment purposes focus on condos. Also consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information.
You have to live there for 2 years, then you can rent it out 2 to 5 yrs max, if you are looking to invest Condo is your best option!

Bouchra Hourmati
Citi Habitats
917.355.8676