Property Q&A in San Antonio>Question Details

Unknown Name, Renter in

do you have a phone number to reach them?

Asked by Unknown Name, Tue Aug 7, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3091535222-814-Gardina-San-Anto…

Answers

2
My colleague is correct on interest rates and how much more you can get if you purchase for the same amount you would pay in rent. That being said, I won't try to push a home on you, but rather use this forum to caution and educate. The rental market is plagued with scams - I'm not saying this is one, but they are all over the Internet.

I am just cautioning you to beware. I had a rental listed last week and received a call from a prospective tenant telling me my flyers state I do not accept pets but the ad on the Internet stated pets were ok. I searched the Internet and found an ad on Craigslist where my pictures and general information was copied and someone created their own ad. I e-mailed the ad over this past weekend requesting information and was sent a long e-mail stating that the senders owned my home and were out of the country so that I had to wire my securit deposit.

Numerous ads on Trulia and other sites are the same. Criminals copy pictures of homes for sale and make "too good to be true" rental ads to lure prospects to them. When you contact them, they give a long song and dance about being long distance and ask you to wire the security deposit. I don't know if this is one of those homes, but I do caution you to beware. Working with an agent that deals with rentals can eliminate these deceptive ads. Good Luck.
This property is not currently listed for rent in the San Antonio MLS System....

Also.. for the exact same $850 per month.. you can buy a home at around $120,000... get a lot nicer place to live, gain equity, have nice tax write-offs, and not be throwing cash in the trashcan...

Just have to say it.. with interest rates being down in the very low 3s, prices way down, and seller's willing to give up the farm.. this is likely the BEST buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes..

This is really not a great time to rent at all... Too many great programs out there to help with down payment... too many great ways to fix up credit...

Im just sayin' :)

Jason