Property Q&A in Brewer>Question Details

Justin, Other/Just Looking in Winterport, ME

could you tell me any problems that this house may have?

Asked by Justin, Winterport, ME Wed Dec 30, 2009

Is all the wiring up to code? is it insulated properly? is there any major damage?

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1025654324-100-State-St-Brewe…

Answers

1
Justin

At this price you can expect some defects with the home. You may also find the utilities are OFF and testing fixtures, electrical or heating will be difficult. It is often difficult to convince bank owned homes to turn on the utilities much less maintain them during the selling period. They would rather not risk a freeze-up and just have the home winterized with all utilities off.

once under contract "sometimes" you can convince them to turn it all on for inspections etc... but every home and bank is different and a Realtor could advise you better as well as do a little legwork on your behalf.

If you do not have a realtor yet... you can call Tara (listing agent) directly... or email me and I will send you a couple names of realtors I am familiar with in that market.

If you would like to go through the property and have an inspector with you... just let me know and i can make some arrangements.