Property Q&A in Bettendorf>Question Details

Neschka, Home Owner in Davenport, IA

can my ex of 7 years force me to sign a quick claim deed on the marital home if he hasn't refinanced and taken my name off any mortgages?

Asked by Neschka, Davenport, IA Thu Feb 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


I would check with your divorce attorney to see how the assets were divided. My guess is you have a right to a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the home if your name is on the deed.

I recomment that you contact your attorney before signing anything.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 9, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer