Property Q&A in Sacramento>Question Details

barryb49r, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

can I use Gi loan? no money down? What would payment be? Where located? Bus near by ?

Asked by barryb49r, Las Vegas, NV Fri Apr 12, 2013

This question was asked from this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you could most likely use a VA loan for this property, it is in an Active Adult Community ( meaning age restrictions) I will put the builders website below.

The first thing you should do is talk to a VA or Cal Vet lender and see what purchase price you qualify for. They can also tell you what costs are involved and what your payment will be based on your information. A good VA lender will have a list of what fees the Vet can pay and what must be paid by the Seller or lender.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
I have proudly helped Active and Retired VA Buyers and would love a chance to help you as well with your search for the best fit property for your needs.
If you do not want to have all your info on this forum you can send private messages here on Truila or to I have multiple lenders who have great VA loan products and the great news is VA really protects you THE BUYER from a lot of junk lender fees PLUS it will have a 0% down payment option if we find a property that needs some work you can save your funds for any needed repairs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 14, 2013
Hello Barry

If you are looking to purchase a home with a VA loan, it would be no money down. First thing first is to talk to a lender about getting you qualified for the VA loan to see how much you can afford and at what payment. These new homes by Lennar are wonderful and a great buy for a VA loan. I just sold one to my clients actually this week. There are two sites over there right now. One is for active adults 55+ and the other is not. There is a waiting list, so it is best to get started right away if you are thinking about it.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Jaime Becker
Lyon Real Estate
Off: 916-484-3610
Cell: 916-715-7454
DRE# 01737783
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 13, 2013
A GI loan normally refers to a student loan for college, doesn't it? You have both CalVet and VA loans for mortgages and they would require you to have a dd214 form. if you have any disabilities then that might affect whether you have to pay the funding fee or not to initiate a VA loan but otherwise, it's a no down payment on the loan but a funding fee of about 1%.

It looks like you are considering a new home development. I would suggest that you visit the sales office, with your buyer's agent with you, to review the sales models and speak directly to their office. New home developments often have their own lending sources and offer incentives to work with those lenders. Those incentives often include the seller paying for your closing costs and may be a second option to obtaining a VA loan...or perhaps thay also offer a VA loan, but it's always worth hearing about their loan option because I've found it's often better than what you can get on your own.

In a previous question asked here on Trulia, I cautioned on buying a new home without your own buyer's agent. As there is no cost to you, it's best to have your own representation who can oversee the purchase process and explain it all to you. Otherwise, you are having the seller control the process and the purchase. Who do you think they're most loyal to? You or the seller? Hopefully all goes smooth, but you'd be better off with someone on your side.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 13, 2013
You can get a VA loan if you qualify, but the lenders will still want to look at your FICO score, income and other items. The payment will depend on the loan amount. Location will depend on where you want to buy a home and what you can afford. You can contact me if you would like me to help you further. 916-529-3707
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Do you mean VA loan?

A lender can tell you what payments would be. VA loans are very very low out of pocket costs, but there are some, like appraisal and home inspection.

Additionally, the property you are buying has to meet certain liveability standards, with no major repairs needed. No big holes in the wall, no broken windows, working air and heat, flooring in place, dishwasher and stove in place, plus more. This home should qualify as it is new, and theoretically in good shape.

You might try Faaye Angiobene (say "fah yay"), at Big Valley and find out about qualifying for a VA loan, and any closing costs you may incur. 916475-4367
Then give me a call and lets go house shopping!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer