Property Q&A in Los Angeles>Question Details

Foxybombay, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

are any death, murder, or ghost history?

Asked by Foxybombay, Los Angeles, CA Mon May 2, 2011

any horrifc murders...or reports of any haunting

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Los_Angeles/sold/3886…

Answers

4
I always suggest talking with neighbors and neighborhood kids to get a good feel for the history.
By law the seller needs to disclose all facts on the property.
As we know, people don't always follow the law.
Hi Foxbombay:

This property is currently in escrow as a short sale. The only way to find out if someone has died in this property if for the owner to complete a Disclosure Statement, which is required by law, for the owner to disclose if anyone has died in the house. You can also ask the neighbors if they know anything. Hauntings, well...that is another story. I agree with John below...call Ghostbusters!

Kat Becker
Looks like a charming 40's and 50's style neighborhood to me, Quaint, modest, nicely manicured. Probably lot's of very nice neighbors. I wouldn't get to rattled about ghosts given that all the homes are so close to one another. Ghosts usually like big, dark, creepy old mansions in the middle of a huge piece of property surrounded by lots of thick opaque foliage. Good luck. If you happen to run into Casper tell him my Grandkiddies love him.
Hi Foxybombay,

In California, a seller is required by law to disclose to any potential buyers whether there has been a death on the property within the last three years, as part of their mandatory disclosures by their completion of the "Seller Property Questionnaire". As far as the ghosts are concerned, you might need to consult with a psychic - if that doesn't work, you can always call Ghostbusters... Good luck!

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: @RealtorJB