Property Q&A in 46201>Question Details

Jamie, Other/Just Looking in

825 Woodruff Place, Indianapolis IN 46201

Asked by Jamie, Tue Oct 4, 2011

I would like an old house to fix up but not a major renovation. This house is listed as needing TLC...Is it minor or major? Also, how is the neighborhood? Safe, family friendly, schools, etc.?

Answers

5
Jamie,

"Needing TLC" can be a little misleading. What that may actually mean is, "Please come look at this property and ignore a few major defects." I used to scout houses for investors and I would see that phrase often. None of which ever only needed a little TLC.

The best way to see if a neighborhood is family friendly is to drive by it in during the evenings and on the weekends when families are likelier to be interacting. Once you are there, stop and talk to people in the area. They can give you an honest impression, since they live there.

Tony Wilson
317-354-7410
Woodruff Place is a historic three Street neighborhood. Booth Tarkington used thes area as the back ground for Penrod. It has large older homes and is a close knite neighborhood. The espalades have fountains and statues. It is close to Arsenal Tech high school. This was once a arsenal location during the civil war. It is close to downtown. If it is the right neighborhood for you would be completely up to you. I would enjoy showing you this neighborhood and this home. If it isn't right for you I can help you find another historic area.
Carol Vittorio,
F.C. Tucker Co.
317-443-6084
Hello Jamie,

I am RE/MAX agent in Indianapolis, IN.If you would like to view the home then I will show it to you. You can email me at JameshaNorwood@hotmail.com
Woodruff Place is a very established community. As you probably know, there is no safe bet in investing. It would be in your best interest to consult a local Realtor and go through your plan, and see if this would be a good investment. I've not been in the house, so I cannot tell you if it is minor or major repairs that are needed. If I had been through the home, our definitions of major and minor may be different.

Click the link below, and you will be able to see about the area.

Michael Weaver
Managing Member
The Vearus Group
317.455.LIST
Jamie,
I recommend you go see the place and determine that yourself. Those are very subjective questions and only you can answered them. If you need someone to help you, please let me know. My name is Juan Carlos Carrasquel and my email is Juan@JuanSells.com
Web Reference: http://www.JuanSells.com