kathryn.dris…, Other/Just Looking in Jamaica Plain, MA

Would there be any issues with my situtation?

Asked by kathryn.driskell, Jamaica Plain, MA Fri Oct 5, 2012

There is a possibility I will be moving to the Boston area and while searching rentals I came acrossed your listing. I am a single parent with 2 children so I would need 3 bedrooms and have 4 dogs (3 small 1 large) but all well behaved. If I receieve this promotion I will be working at Hanscom AFB so I have a good job.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3096483779-10-Goodway-Rd-Jamaic…

Answers

3
This decision is a very personal one. How comfortable are you living with the landlord living in the basement of your home. He doesn't want a lease so you would be a tenant-at-will which provides different rights that under the terms of a lease. Now, having 4 dogs will be an issue for many landlords - I am a dog lover, I have 2 pitbulls, old and well-behaved but there is probably not a landlord in Boston that would rent to me. Jamaica Plain would be a great place for you as far as driving to work because you can head out the VFW to reach Rte 128 and into Hanscom. I would say trhat this listing is worthy of your time to check it out and then go with your gut feeling. Good luck with the job and the move.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 5, 2012
Pets complicate the rental of property.
Many insurance companies charge a landlord more if they allow pets.
Here in Falmouth, if you have four dogs, you are a kennel and therefore need 3 acres.
Be careful.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Hi Kathryn,

The property at Goodway is for sale, not for rent -
Are you asking about purchase or looking for a rental?
You can reach me at martin.carey@raveis.com
or 617-817-9999
Marty Carey
William Raveis Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012