Property Q&A in Carmel>Question Details

Tiffany, Renter in Atlanta, GA

Would the owners offer a lower rent for two year lease? How long has the home been a rental home?

Asked by Tiffany, Atlanta, GA Mon Mar 21, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3033841533-133-Old-Grayce-Ln-Ca…

Answers

1
Totally depends on the Owners situation. In Indiana, Landlords generally have to pay higher property taxes, insurance and other costs than a home owner. So they may have to rent at a certain price to break even on their costs. However, depending on their numbers they may rent for less, to a tenant with a good rental history, decent credit score, or with a letter of recommendation and good work history. As a landlord myself, it would depend on the property I have vacant. We tend to get LONG TERM, not less than 5 year tenants. We start them out at a 6 month lease explaining that if THEY are happy and WE are happy we will extend their lease. To ME a lease may BIND me to a tenant that may not make neighbors happy or if they don't pay I got to get them out ASAP, with a 6 mo lease, I can find out Quick if we want to keep them. We only raise rent when taxes, insurance DEMANDS it and do our very best to treat our renters well. Do you have pets? children? smokers? Any other items that may be a red flag to a landlord? Those items are fine, but raise a red flag in how am I going to get my property back. Last but not least, you can always ASK. See if you can come to a win-win and feel them out. The more you share about your good work ethics, good renting history, OR even if you can provide letter of recommendations from co-works may get you the better property for less than the next. Good luck! :-)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012