Property Q&A in Lewiston>Question Details

Cathy Pray, Home Buyer in Lewiston, ME

Would like to find ou the appraisal value of this house.?

Asked by Cathy Pray, Lewiston, ME Tue Jul 19, 2011

This question is about this property:…

No offense to anyone on my answer, basically explaining the difference between "assessed and appraised" and market values. They are very different. Public records can be helpful, but be sure to ask ALL the right questions. call your local city assessors office.
Hi Cathy,
If you mean what the value is according to the city of Lewiston, it is assessed at $133,940. You can go to the city's website and put in any address to see it's assessed value. But this is not necessarily market value. Every town is different on evaluations on it's tax base. Lewiston is not at 100%. This is one of many reasons to work with a realtor. We have lots of information to help you make a great decision in buying a home. IF I can help you in any way, please feel free to call! 207-576-6369
Dear Cathy. An appraisal is the property of the person who paid for it. The owner or a bank. It is not public information. I'm thinking you may mean market value, which a real estate agent can give you. It is called a Comparative Market Analysis. Please let me know if that is what you are looking for.