Property Q&A in Foggy Bottom>Question Details

Roberta Roma…, Renter in Washington, DC

Would be possible to view this place? we are very interested. Is the price really 900USD? Thanks

Asked by Roberta Romano, Washington, DC Wed Jan 30, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3107407680-2020-F-St-NW-Washing…

Answers

6
I am so glad you looked before you leaped. Smart move. You got great answers and we all got a reminder to be on alert for the scammers/slime bags out there.
Unfortunately, I've Googled this listing by "Timothy Johnson (360) 817-0000" and it's definitely a scam. Without even checking this listing, it was obvious that it was fraudulent. Be sure to flag the listing.
Definitely a hoax. If you contact the owner/lister, I bet he/she will ask you to wire deposit money to XXX (not in the US) to secure this place! Be careful please.
Is the price really possible? No way to know, it's not listed in the multiple listing service. When I see something like this I usually think typo. You have to go to Leesbug to find this size at this price so don't feel some lucky person got a deal.
There is nothing at 20th and F NW that could be $900/month. 2020 F Street is an apartment building. Rents start at $1900+/month
That sounds too good to be true. Nothing comes up on the Multiple Listing Service for that address. It could well be a hoax.