Property Q&A in Payson>Question Details

capecod_swee…, Home Buyer in Payson, AZ

Wondering why the kitchen flooring is not there or appliances. Are both baths full baths? Log or gas fireplace? City water? Thank you

Asked by capecod_sweetie, Payson, AZ Mon Oct 24, 2011

This question is about this property:…

Hi "Capecod Sweetie":

First of all this home at this price is quite a deal. Now for the less than great news. As a foreclosure, the home was abandoned last winter and we had a couple of sub zero nights last winter in this area and pipes froze and split. in the full bath downstairs flooding a portion of the home. That bathroom was pretty much removed down to the studs. The home also has a septic issue that will cost approximately $7,000.00 to bring up to code.

Upstairs there is a half bath in the master bedroom. I have heard estimates from $30K to 40K to bring the house back to reasonable condition. Now more good news, even at $40K in repairs, the $109 invested would still represent a very good deal on this home. The area is served by a local private water company. Going on memory, I think the fireplace is wood burning with heatalator insert.

This property is most likely not qualify for financing and will require a cash buyer. For the cash buyer with the right skill set, this is a tremendous deal.

I would love to show it to you if you would like to see it, I can be contacted at (928) 951-0221 or via email at

Jon Bright
Realty Executives Northern Arizona, Payson