Parr0098, Both Buyer and Seller in Sibley County, MN

Wondering what my non homestead tax increase will be

Asked by Parr0098, Sibley County, MN Thu Jan 28, 2010

I am moving and planning on renting my current home but am wondering what my non homestead tax increase will be. Just an estimate is what I am looking for.

Answers

6
Call your county and ask them. This used to be a big deal, but in most cases it is only 5-20%, as opposed to the good old days of 25-100%. Good luck to you on renting.
Okay yeah it is in sibley county. It is no where near that haha it is about a 80k house. I pay approx. only 700 a year now so.
The best way of course would be to contact your county assesor but for a rough estimate the increase will be about $200-300. If the house is in the $400K plus bracket it probably will not be any difference.
One of the best aspects of this Q&A forum is the ability of real estate professionals to be resources to the general public. The most interesting, to me, part of this question and its answers is to point our resources that, while they may be open to anyone, it often takes a real estate professional to pull together the real question, the resources for the information desired and the way to find it. Again, a real estate agent is a great resource, often has information at his/her fingertips, and almost always knows how to find out quickly whatever the clients need. Thanks to all who prove me right, day after day, in our state and all across the country.
Okay well thank you. Someone was telling me it was like a 300% increase. Which I thought was way off. which obviously it is haha. Thank you very much..
Sorry, I really do not know but if you call the county and ask for the average difference from homestead and non homstead they shour be able to tell you.

Change won't happend until the next year you start renting out the property.

Homestead must be confirmed by December 15th of every year, if homestead has not beed confirmed, then it will go to non homestead. (ussually). (At elast in Hennepin and dakota county that is how it works).