Property Q&A in Oceanside>Question Details

Bertha Marin…, Home Buyer in Mira Costa, Oceanside,...

Why this house is still on the market? We went to see it about a years or so ago, and it was already sold. It keeps popping up on my search site.

Asked by Bertha Marineo, Mira Costa, Oceanside, CA Thu Dec 30, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1083416762-2137-Anda-Lucia-Wa…

Answers

11
This home sold for $300,000 and closed in September of 2009. Inaccuracties can occur frequency on third party listing providers. The direct mls has the most accurate and up to date information available. I would be happy to setup a client gateway for you via the mls so you consistently receive the most accurate information possible.
If you are interested in that community, 2192 Anda Lucia is a short sale on the market for $295,000. It is the same floorplan as 2137 Anda Lucia which has the downstairs master bedroom.
If you look at the very top, left hand corner, you will see that it says, "off Market". Trulia has been working on getting their site more accurate, but not every bug is fixed yet. Find Your Dream Home:
http://JoanWilson.PrudentialCal.com

Let me know if I can help you in any way!

Joan Wilson (Realtor, SRES, Ecobroker, Certified REO, HAFA, and Short Sale Specialist)

Prudential California Realty
Direct Phone: 760-757-3468
800-975-7481 x 111
Fax: 760-946-7894
JoanWilson@prusd.com
License # 01341483
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 31, 2010
This home was sold and I have included the actual information from the MLS at the bottom of this answer.
Movoto, Redfin, Zillow, Trulia - DO NOT have as accurate information as the Multiple Listing Service that Realtors pay for and are members of.

I believe the reason that this listing is still showing active in many of these public sites is that the actual listing that the agent had with the seller expired in July, 2010. Leading the search engines to continue to show it as active. This happens all of the time.

Realtors are privy to confidential and non-confidential information that the public does not have access to on ANY PUBLIC SITE.

Ask a realtor to send you updates on listings directly from the MLS...You will get more accurate search criteria.

MLS #: 080047325 $300,000 Status: Sold Close of Escrow: 09/15/09

Listing Exp Date: 07/03/2010

~~~
Hi Bertha,

The property was sold in Sept of 2009 for $300,000. Please know that search engines feed from many different sources and are not always accurate, as you can see.

The best searches are through a Realtor's web site or public sites like Redfin.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Best to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
858-759-5238
Bertha,
This home sold on 9/15/09 for $300,000 using conventional financing with 20% down. It was a short sale and the loan balances were $560,000. If you notice on the Trulia site in the upper left corner it says "off market". For some reason Trulia has not picked up the information about the sale.
A lot of people purchased home in 2005-2008 when the market was over extended and got caught when prices corrected. That is why now is a good time to buy; prices are low and so are the interest rates. The rates are the lowest I have seen in the 30 years I have been in the business.
Happy New Year

Jerry Heard
Bertha,
This is a great example of why you should use a real estate agent. There's some good websites out there, but essentially YOU have to figure out what it all means. A task that could be very confusing if your not sure what all the data is intended to tell you. You'll get far greater information from an agent that knows the market where your looking. In addition to that, the listing agent pays the buyer's agent's commission. It is not an additional expense for you. It's a win-win for you and your agent. I would suggest you start making some calls and talk to some agents in the area and see which one you feel most comfortable with. Best of luck and Happy New Year!
-Mike
HI There;
My guess, because it shows sold in 2009, and because it was short sale, the agent most likely did not change the status of this property in the MLS. If she/he still had it in a contingent status, it would show up active, However, with that being said, and the property showing a sold status, it is an ignigma to me...
If I can be of any further assistance, please just let me know..
Happy New year to you and yours!
Donna
Hello Bertha,

As far as the MLS, the status is SOLD.
Let me know if I can find you something similar.

Melia
Prudential, Carlsbad
melia@prusd.com
Web Reference: http://www.theindras.com
Just go to google and google the address.
You'll find redfin.com movoto.com etc. These area great sites that have a direct IDX feed on them with lots of useful info. Let me also suggest you just work directly with a Realtor and or my website http://www.ClickAllSanDiegoHomes.com

Best of luck

Dusty Brazil
Copper Creek Realty Group
760 207 2745
Is it a flip? Thats my immediate guess.