Property Q&A in Austin>Question Details

meganheseman, Renter in Austin, TX

Why so inexpensive for a place like this?

Asked by meganheseman, Austin, TX Sun Jan 1, 2012

Optional details about your question

This question is about this property:…

The most reliable place to find properties - to buy OR rent - is the MLS. I suggest you hire an agent to assist you in finding a place. Especially with a lease - it literally costs you nothing, and the benefits are enornmous. Feel free to give me a call/text to discuss.

Peace in your home,

Doug Vogelsass
REALTOR :: Agents for Change Real Estate

cell :: (512) 739-0457
email ::

15% of our net agent fees at the closing of our client's property will be donated to a charitable organization of their choice. We do this with ALL clients. This is our way of expressing our appreciation to both our clients and the worthy causes dedicated to the betterment of our communities.

9600 Escarpment Blvd :: Suite 745-75 :: Austin, TX :: 78749
Sponsoring broker :: David Komie, Attorney-at-Law (License# 584762).
Texas Law requires all real estate licensees to give the above information about brokerage services.
Dear Megan,
This property is not in the MLS for lease. It appears to be a case where the staging company is charging the owner for staging/home manager and then offers the property for lease at a cheap price to someone: with no pets, good looking furniture, and the ability to keep it spotless and shown at a moments notice. And you have to be willing to move out within 30 days, because they are doing this to try to sell the property. If I were you I would simply hire a Realtor to find bonefide rentals in your price range that won't be this restrictive. There are also bogus ads posted on Craiglist and postlets fishing for renters all the time. I suggest you hire a Realtor to help you find real potential properties. Remember it costs you nothing the Landlord pays the commission of the Realtor.
Show Case properties is a staging company for vacant homes. If you want to lease a place they have for rent, you have to put up with being able to leave the premises within 30 minutes notice. You have to keep the place clean and show ready at all times. You usually cannot have pets. You also are only guaranteed 30 days of renting, because if the place goes under contract, you have to find some place else to live.

People do this to get cheap rent, but not a very private nor stable lifestyle.

Jeffrey 512-914-7480
Hi Megan,
I also could not find this property on the MLS. There is no telling why it was advertised for such a low rate for that part of town. Its possible that you must sign an extended lease to receive this rate. I have also heard of strange things like a landlord who advertised a low rent because he wanted to keep one bedroom locked away with his personal belongings. Most likely, its marketing bait as Bill said. The best thing is to work with a realtor. Call me if you would like me to search for some properties to show you. Happy New Year by the way!!!
Jolie Kirsten
Hi Megan,

I cannot find a MLS listing for this property address, either present or past.
This is a staged (rented furnishings) property and quite possibly a bait and switch lease price.

Call or email me with any additional questions.