Property Q&A in Atlanta>Question Details

Roxanne Barg…, Home Buyer in Fredericksburg, TX

Why is this house so cheap?

Asked by Roxanne Barganier, Fredericksburg, TX Sat Mar 12, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1081979873-61-Johnson-Rd-NW-A…

Answers

7
Good evening Roxanne,

I've viewed this home with a client. It's so cheap because it needs so much work. The kitchen cabinets and countertops have been ripped out. The central AC unit is missing. There is a lot of interior damage, it's a definite fixer-upper. However, I've found homes for $25,000 with minor damage built within 2007.

There are great deals here! You have to do your homework along with your agent on the property and community. Then, move quickly when you find a diamond in the rough to purchase because they go fast.

This property is located in Atlanta and not College Park.

Corliss Igbonagwam
RRG of Atlanta
(404) 944-7352
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 12, 2011
This is a corporate owned new construction. He probably got the land for next to nothing. It is only 1331 sq. ft on a slab. Also there may be things missing inside like applicances, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets, etc. The builder probably did not complete the interior. It is worth checking out.
Welcome to Georgia. What exactly do you mean by cheap?
Web Reference: http://intowninsider.com
Spend more time with your agent to get it rather than question it. That's what I'll do.
Make a fast move before someone else. Yet looking at it thoroughly and putting all inspection conts in place.
The county says it's worth $52,600. It's a steal in an up-and-coming area.
Web Reference: http://www.TeamBrittain.com
Hello Roxanne;

This is a Bank Owned property which is held by Wells Fargo. They are not in the business of retaining Real Estate so they are selling it at rock bottom prices to get it off their books. If you send me your email I can send the listing to you.

Tye Jones
404-435-3661
Agent remarks: NEW PRICE! MUST SELL NOW! NEW CONSTRUCTION! NEEDS TLC! 4 BEDRMS; 32 BTHS; KITCHEN WITH BREAKFAST AREA; LANUDRY ROOM; GARAGE; SOLD AS-IS.

This home is a bank owned foreclosure in College Park. It is so "cheap" because so far, no buyer has determined it's worth $16,810. "Cheap" is determined after one has done some research and seen the condition of the home. Any time you see needs TLC on a foreclosure... buyer beware. Once you see it you'll realize why it's so cheap. If you would like to live in College Park and buy a fixer upper, I can help you own this lovely home.