Property Q&A in Lockport>Question Details

Jack, Other/Just Looking in Lockport, IL

Why is Trulia showing property taxes (Illinois) at half the real tax? I reviewed my own listing and it's showing only 1 of 2 County payments or

Asked by Jack, Lockport, IL Thu Oct 11, 2012

half. I reviewed 5 other local listings and see the same misinformation.
Is Trulia getting their info from the Counties? Again, if a property shows $4000, its really $8000.
In Illinois we make two sep 1/2 payments. My MLS shows my taxes at $8766 and trulia shows $4383.
Buyers need to know the total tax, not half.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3027376107-16551-W-Springview…

Answers

1
Trulia.com shows the correct assessed value ($113,033) but applies wrong Equalization Factor (sometimes called a multiplier). The multiplier varies from county to county and even from township to township.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
My question has nothing to do with assessed value or mulipliers. Trulia really needs to learn about property tax payments. What is your source of the $$ amount? Are you obtaining the data from the counties? Trulia doesn't match the MLS either. Always 1 of 2 payments or HALF. MLS listing show the total amount and Trulia show exactly 1/2. The problem is with Trulia's data system that is not capturing both payments. I just check 3 other random listings and compared them to the county tax data. Again, only 1 payment is shown on Trulia, which can be very miss leading to buyers.
Flag Sun Oct 14, 2012