Jim Johnson, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Why does Trullia list this property weeks after it's already categorized as pending sale? It's such a waste of time. I love the site but so many times

Asked by Jim Johnson, New York, NY Mon Jan 28, 2013

listings aren't updated.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3103153475-813-SE-2nd-St-Fort…

Answers

6
Echoing and simplifying what others have said:

This is one of the primary reasons to hire a licensed Realtor®. Only a Realtor® has direct access to the most updated real estate system (the MLS). Everything else, like Trulia and Zillow, rely on feeds that are not updated in real-time.

Why is it important to use a system that is current and updated in real-time? Well, so that you don't waste your time locating a home you love only to discover the home has been sold for months!

Avoid the frustration!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
All of the answers are right on but there is an aspect of Trulia that many buyers are unaware of. Trulia allows other agents besides the listing office/agent to enter that listing into Trulia's database - if this happens before the listing office/agent's MLS's data feed is updated by Trulia the office whio actually hold the listing is locked out from having their listing displayed and all calls go to the agent who has "stolen" the listing. This happened with a listing I had and I did the research on the agent who "stole" the listing and she had 22 listings on Trulia but only 6 were actually her's or her office's.

When the listing is sold and updated in the MLS that info never gets to Trulia for months/years since there appears to be a disconnect in the datafeed due to the inconsistent listing info. Creates situations where realtors are spending hours researching listings that buyer/clients are asking about which understandably a significant waste of productive time for all.

Trulia acknowledges that this scenario exists and protects itself by stating that they ask posting agents to affirm that the listing is theirs. We see how well that works...

Technical answer but hopefully it will make buy many buyers more aware of the situation and understand that their realtor is not "hiding" properties from them by not showing them "active" properties from Trulia or other sites that are not real time. Trulia has some great info so this flaw is often overlooked. Homeowners/buyers can call me, or other realtors, if they would like to check on the availablity of properties.

Lew Naylor
Naylor Realty
954-682-6313
Most on-line real estate websites lists properties as Active or Sold, and the Sold is often questionable due to the fact that these sites are not constantly updated like our local MLS is. The commission is almost always paid by the Seller so as the Buyer, it doesn't cost you to work with a Realtor. If you want accurate and updated information and are starting your search to purchase a property then I recommend calling a local agent in the area that you are interested in and letting them provide you with the information necessary to find a great new home for you and your family. Along with property information a Realtor can provide you with community information, school information, tax information, etc.

If you are interested in receiving information on real estate here in the Ft. Lauderdale area I would be happy to assist you. I am a top producing full-time Realtor.

Barbara Easton-Irvin
Atlantic Properties International
FloridaLiving4U@yahoo.com

Check out my website for updated listings at: http://www.FloridaLiving4U.net
Find a realtor you like and trust and get up to date info from him or her.
Hello Jim,

the reason is that the online portals get their data from the local MLS automatically. That means the realtors for example in Fort Lauderdale where I work put their listing data into the database. This database has to be update in a timely manner according to the local realtor association regulations. This MLS data is pulled by the different online portals but mostly not in live time. The update of that online portals may be every few days or once a week or any different time frame.

Therefore the best way to get the most accurate data on an interesting properties is to contact a local realtor who has the access to the live data.

It will be my pleasure to get you the property you want and help you to save time.

sunny greetings from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Andrea Hoff-Domin
Lic. Real Estate Broker, GRI, CIPS, TRC, BPOR, SFR
Florida Dream Homes Realty
andrea@florida-informations.com
I get calls on properties we sold 2 years ago:(
It seems that all large real estate portals like Zillow; Yahoo Real Estate and Trulia are very slow (if at all) to remove non active/sold listings....

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.