Property Q&A in Ramona>Question Details

Heidi Russell, Home Owner in Elkhart, TX

Why are the HOA fees are so much higher on the SDCE condos than the houses and what all does the fee cover?

Asked by Heidi Russell, Elkhart, TX Fri Feb 24, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3073993750-15665-Davis-Cup-Ln…

Answers

3
Dear Heidi,

I grew up in Ramona and actually lived briefly in the Davis Cup condos. I also lived in SDCE for over 16 years. If you would like to know about all the amenities that Ramona/SDCE has to offer, please let me know.

Jenniffer Taylor
Prudential CA Realty
619-892-6773
Heidi,

Regarding this specific property the Condo HOA fees cover Common Area Maintenance, Exterior Bldg Maintenance, Limited Insurance, Trash Pickup, Exterior (Landscaping), Roof Maintenance. In addition to that their are community/master plan association fees. With the detached homes you only have the master plan/community fees and all the other maintainance issues are up to the owner.

This is typically the case with any planned community that has both homes and condominiums.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.
760-644-1562
Heidi
When you buy an condo the HOA is responsible for the maintenance of the building. This includes the roof, exterior of the building and some insurance as well The landscaping and common areas are also covered by your fees. With a condo you are buying from the interior wall in. The building is owned in common with all of the other condo owners. Therefore the HOA has more responsibility than the single family home owners
The homes do not have the same type of coverage, The HOA fees cover common area maintenance not the structure itself

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687