Michelle Pre…, Home Buyer in Texas

Why are homes so much cheaper in Hulen bend estates vs bellaire park north and meadows west?

Asked by Michelle Prejean, Texas Fri Apr 15, 2011

Many homes in HB are nice and do not appear to need updating. Seemingly similar homes in Bellaire Park north and Meadows West are much more expensive. I know some of the lots in BPN, et al are bigger. Are there other reasons HB is much cheaper and the houses tend to linger?

Answers

4
Hey Jordan! I've seen it :). It looks great - and did lead to my question :) good luck with that one. I'll be watching!
Hi Michelle, the answer below is pretty much the primary driving force, and is a great answer. We all must realize that home prices in an area are driven the same way any other "product" would be- by demand of the consumer. The things that demonstrate the demand in an area and that are used for finding "value" or proper pricing of a home are recently sold comparabloe properties in a neighborhood and area, and yes, school district is a big part of that. I know it sounds elementary but what matters to one buyer and what is desirable for one person may not be desirable to another person. I'm happy to help more or to explain sales dynamics in greater detail if you wish.

Kind Regards,
Sloan Yorek
817-223-5435
Sloan@Brants.com
Not knowing all the particulars regarding your question to point out the details, much can come into play value of the "land" and lot sizes.

Your buyers agent should be assisting you IF you don't have a Realtor contact my office

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hey Michelle! It's Jordan :)

Hulen Bend Estates is in Crowley ISD (vs. Fort Worth ISD for Bellaire Park and Meadows West) and in my opinion that is the reason for the price difference. Hulen Bend Estates is a great community, very family oriented and is perfect for the private school household. I have a new listing there...I'll send it to you via email!