Mcaponereg, Home Buyer in Brigantine, NJ

Why aer property taxes so high in Atlantic City?

Asked by Mcaponereg, Brigantine, NJ Thu May 3, 2012

Considering there are casino's, an outlet mall and other things i am absolutely stunned at the tax levels as compared to other local towns. it is very hard to consider buying a home there when you are looking at 8k-11k in taxes for a house that is being offered in the 175 300k range.

Answers

3
ATLANTIC CITY HAS A LOT OF COMMUNITY SERVICES WITH LARGE AMOUNTS OF POLICE AND FIREMEN AND WOMEN. THERE IS MORE MAINTENANCE ON STREETS AND HIGH TRAFFIC AREAS. IT ALSO HAS SCHOOLS, AND ENTERTAINMENT FACILITIES ALL PAID FOR BY COMMUNITY TAXES.
I think you are missinformed on property taxes in AC. The taxes reflected in your question would more than likely be a waterfront property. I live in AC in a $235,000 home and my taxes are $3,000. Atlantic City is a great place to live and has several diffent types of Residential Neighborhoods. Give me a call and I will show you the Best of AC.
Taxes on 300k are 5500.00 not 11,000. The Tax rate may be high in atlantic city but it is still the biggest bang for the buck on the island. Atlantic city has the nicest beaches The streets and sidewalks are swept regularly and maintained. Snow removal is the best on the island as well And the beaches are free to use.