Property Q&A in Lynchburg>Question Details

Gene Johnson, Home Seller in 24501

Why? Didn't we start with this agent?

Asked by Gene Johnson, 24501 Sun Mar 27, 2011

why did ittake us 2 agents to get the right one? we wasted 45 days on the market untl one daI woke up and realized that we neededa sellers agent. Our agent has already made contact with me dozens of times,she put up her sign,placed the lock box on porch. Before hrthe lock box sat on our kitchen table for 45 days,which meant if smeone wanted to see the house and we were out of town on the weekend they would hve to wait or would probably cange their mind. Agent emailed me to let me know she needed to come by and measure our porch and put up an information box. Information box? what the heck is that? LOL! the lst guy did not put up a box or even give us flyers,this agent has been all over the internet posting our home,we have our own facebook page for our home wow! Already on MLS and other sites. This lady is on top of it and he is really in itto sell our home. It has been 24 hoursand I am shocked and mazed of how much she has put in it already. We are in awe.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3042080015-3114-Richmond-St-L…

Answers

4
Romie,
how about 8 agents? We interviewed 8 before we chose her,the new agent. I agree and we did discuss everything we did not with the previous agent,we actually learn from our mistakes. as for getting out of contract,if we are not happy with any and I do mean ANY agent it would be in their best interest to let us out of contract if we asked,just like the last one. The agent we have now has out performed the last one and she has only been our agent for 36 hours verses 45 days with the other one.
G
Unless you get a strong referral from a trusted friend, you should always talk to 2 or 3 agents before selecting one to sell your home. Ask them to explain the selling process to you and ask them what they are going to do to sell your home. Ask them to recommend a sales price and ask them how they came up with that price. Then go with the agent you feel will best be able to work with you to sell your home, not necessiarily an agent who claims to have sold a lot of homes or the agent who claims he or she can get the highest sales price, but the agent who has the time and experience to focus on selling YOUR home at a price they can justify. You might also want to ask them what their policy is about letting you out of the listing agreement if they are not preforming as promised.
Mara,
thank you for the good luck,I agree the right agent does make a world of difference. The agent and buyer must want the same thing at the same time and the two must join,sorta like a marriage.
G
Sounds like you're well on your way to selling your house. The right agent makes all the difference. Good luck!