Property Q&A in Newburyport>Question Details

Richard, Home Buyer in Groton, MA

Who is listing agent and how do I set up a tour of the house this Saturday or Sunday?

Asked by Richard, Groton, MA Thu Jan 7, 2010

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1094210411-69-Middle-St-Newbu…

Answers

2
Hi Richard,

As Valerie stated below if you are the buyer you may want to consult with a buyers agent to make sure you have proper representation. My office is located in Newburyport and I would be happy to schedule a showing to view this home. The listing agent is also holdin an open house this Sunday from 12-2.
Hi Richard,

I'm happy to give you the listing agent's name and contact info, but I have to ask if you've considered working with a qualified Buyer's Agent. The listing agent is in a contractual relationship with the Seller, and is bound by law to work on their behalf, to obtain the very best terms and conditions (including price) for their client. On the other hand, a Buyer's Agent would be working for you, the Buyer. Looking at houses is just the beginning--your Buyer's Agent provides services right through the escrow period and right up to closing. Being present at Inspections, negotiations, and keeping your interests first and foremost throughout the transaction. An Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR) has taken the further step to educate themselves specifically to best serve their Buyers. Working with an ABR is one of the best steps that a Buyer can take in a home purchase...

If you'd like to see this house this weekend, I would be happy to set an appointment and accompany you to the property. However, the decision in whether or not to have representation is the Buyer's choice. Should you decide to go it alone, keep in mind that the Listing Agent works ONLY for the Seller and not for you. Share only the information that you want passed along to the Seller.

The listing agent's name is Gretchen Maguire, and you can reach her at ReMax on the River in Newburyport MA.

Thanks for reading, and I wish you all the best,

Valerie Cloutier, Realtor®
MA & NH Real Estate Services
Accredited Buyer Representative
e-PRO Certified 2008

603-965-5197 Cell
800-746-8448 x424 Toll Free
603-425-1193 Fax
Web Reference: http://www.SNHhome.com