Property Q&A in Camden>Question Details

Anjie Shiro, Home Buyer in 19711

Where is a good area to move to around Rugers Camden and Philadelphia?

Asked by Anjie Shiro, 19711 Sat Jul 10, 2010

I'm trying to find an apartment for both my brother and his girl friend. My brother is going to school at Rutgers-Camden and his girlfriend will be going to school in Philadelphia. I heard that Camden may not be a safe place to live in. Also because his girlfriend does not have a car, so it would be nice to have the train system or bus station close by. They would like to stay not too far from me too and I'm at Pike Creek, DE. Does any one has suggestions?

Recently my brother is going to Rutgers-Camden for his MBA and his girlfriend will be going to school in Philadelphia. I'm trying to look for anapartment for them and wondering which area is safe and still close by both of their school. Also they want to be not too far away from me, and now I'm in Pike Creek, DE.

Answers

3
Hello Anjie,
Thanks for your question.
I suggest to rent close to the Patco Speedline station. There are quaint areas in Haddonfield, Collingswood and other nicer towns. It runs into Philadelphia so will be easy for everyone.
Let me know what price range you are interested and I can send you the info.
Ines De La Cruz
RE/MAX Connection
800-246-2799 ext. 169
Web Reference: http://www.inesdelacruz.com
Hi Anjie,

First, congratulations to your brother for pursuing an MBA. My daughter will be attending Rutgersas as a Freshman in the fall too. Anywhere along the speedline route would probably work well for both of them. The speedline stops about 1 block from the Rutgers Campus and goes on into Phila where she can connect with other public transportation to get to work. In NJ it stops in Westmont, Collingswood (a great area), Haddonfield, etc.

Let me know the specifics of what they are looking for (bedrooms, parking, what they can afford, how far from nearest train station they want to be, etc) and I can send you availalbe rental listings in Phila & NJ since I am licensed in both.

You can reach me via email or cell phone which I have listed below.

Good Luck,
Barbara Smith
Weichert Realtors
NJ & PA Licensed
cell/text: 609-980-7593
email: BarbSmith321@comcast.net
Web Reference: http://BarbSellsSJ.com
I wold say that they stay on the Philadelphia along the train line that runs to downtown Camden. It's called the Patco high-speed line.

This way everything is a lot easier for all three of you.

We do rentals in those areas and it depends on the details of what they need to be able to elaborate more.

Fred Glick
215-852-4469
Web Reference: http://fglick.com