Property Q&A in Omaha>Question Details

rolin, Other/Just Looking in Omaha, NE

Where did you get this information that this house was bought at 186,000?

Asked by rolin, Omaha, NE Fri May 4, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Nebraska/Omaha/sold/74103-15819-…

Answers

4
15819 Valley Street sold in 2011 for $145,000 is the what I have found in my research. It appears the details in Trulia are referring to a new construction sale.

Contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Lynnette
The MLS is where I would check. I think it would be the most accurate. I have found that the Douglas County Assessor's siote isn't always accurate as they sometimes put a 'value' rather than the accutual price. I have seen this done with REO properties that sell below value.
Jan is correct in checking those two sources.

Guessing that with the MASSIVE amount of data that Trulia imports from SCADS of files, something got mixed up. It happens more than you think on these mega-sites.

The wackiest thing they come up with is statements like this: "The average list price for similar homes for sale is $284,543 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $196,500." Lord knows what they consider "similar homes"! It is very misleading to prospective buyers and sellers!
I looked at the mls record and the Douglas County Assessor's site. Both state that it sold for $145,000 on 05/31/2011.