Property Q&A in Austin>Question Details

debuhlman, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Where can I obtain more information about home/condo pricing in Cat Mountain, Austin, TX?

Asked by debuhlman, Austin, TX Fri Dec 30, 2011

Trulia announced a huge price drop in Cat Mountain housing during 11/11 and other months in the fourth quarter. Other Realtors are disputing these remarks. Please contact me with further information: debuhlman@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your time.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3052687434-5000-Smokey-Vly-B-…

Answers

16

Cat Mountain is a pretty good size area with a lot of homes coming on and off the market. Markets like this do not have a huge price drop in one month. I'm sure if you compare home sales in 2007 they were higher on average compared to today but each home stands on it's own and sells accordingly. Can Mountain is very diverse with homes at different price ranges.

I would recommend speaking with an agent and looking at homes and then comparing them with recent sales and what else is available on the market. That is the only way to get a true idea of what any home is worth.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Dear Deb,
I just wanted to check back and see what you thought about the CMA I sent. Are you still interested in seeing CatMountain homes? Thank you.
Betina
One Realtor said it correctly...basically don't believe everything you hear/read on Trulia, or any other "consumer site" for that matter. If you want the REAL stats and market analysis and are not yet working with a Realtor, contact me and I'll get you the real data and tell you exactly what's going on in Cat Mountain, or any other area in greater Austin for that matter. I am a top Residential Specialist and Master Instructor with Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company!!

Joe Jarusinsky, REALTOR/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty (512) 261-4415
The last sale of the same floorplan was back in 2005 and it went for $154.32 per square foot. These condos have a certian cachet for many buyers because of their central location and very private feeling setting.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
Dear Debuhlman,
Yu can't count on Trulia for the most accurate sales prices, as Texas is a "non-disclose" state and Realtors legally cant post the actual sold prices to the public, only actual clients. I will happily send you a CMA (comparative market analysis) of recent activity for Cat Mountain. This area is desirable and continues to appreciate. Thank you for your inquiry.
sincerely,
Betina
There are currently 4 Active properties in the Cat Mountain subdivision. A 2,000 square foot, 3 BR/3BA, short sale approved condo on Jessamine Hollow listed at $320,000 after 130 days on the market. A 2,700 square foot, 4BR/4BA home on 1/3 acre on Ladera Norte listed for $450,000 after 247 days on the market. A 3,100 square foot, 4BR/3BA home on just under 1/3 acre on Gato Path listed for $555,000 after 23 days on the market. A 3,600 square foot 4BR/4BA home on just over 1/3 acre listed for $825,000 after 121 days on the market. Three properties have sold in Cat Mountain in the last month. There is 1.3 months supply of inventory in this subdivision. Please check out my website, http://www.lizzgrimes.com if you'd like to search further and feel free to give me a ring if I can be helpful to you. Happy New Year! - Lizz
I don't know where the "Huge Price Drop" information came from but it is false. I am involved in 40-45% of the properties sold in Cat Mountain Villas and good properties have been getting very good prices. Properties that have flaws (bad floorplans, need total up dating, poor appeal) and where the seller is in economic distress have gone at bargin prices. There has been one bank owned property that went at auction for $430K with water damage that I had brought the bank offers of $525K & $500K which they turned down. (???)
However, the prices of good properties has been steady and has shown an increase of 5-8% over last year.

If you would like specific information please contact me.
Richard Schley
Richard Schley Realty, LLC
Richard@SchleyRealty.com
512-983-0021
Don't believe everything you see (read) on Trulia. Your best source of information is a Realtor. We have 24 hour access to the most up-to-date data in the MLS which is the only trustworthy source of real estate sales. So, contact a Realtor, preferably me, to find out everything you want to know about Cat Mountain condos or any other properties.
Vivianne
554-5997
I would be happy to provide you detailed analysis on Cat Mountain. This would include past sales and how they compare to your subject property.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
I forgot to respond to the issue of huge price drop in my previous post. A HUGE price drop statistic can many times be irrevelant. Perhaps earlier there were primarily homes that had been upgraded with views that were selling......and another quarter there were smaller homes with no views that needed updating. Some statistics are totally misleading. A few months back the big news was the big price increase in homes....but if you really looked at the statistic it was only because the First Time Home Buyer's Credit had expired and the sales mostly reflected move up buyers and not first time home buyers.....so the price of homes selling was definitely higher.
Pricing in Cat Mountain varies dramatically. It depends on what your criteria is. For example, some of the properties have incredible views which will make them worth much more. A good sized yard can also be a rarity. If you just want the location and have a short wish list there are affordable properties available. I always ask my clients to define a few priorities before we pick a neighborhood: First of all budget and size of home needed. 2nd the things you MUST have that might be good schools or a 'safe' home and yard for toddlers. 3rd the things you MIGHT compromise on like gourmet stainless appliances or a three car garage. I just had a client (this month) that was dead set on one particular neighborhood in Central Austin. After not finding any property that met her needs I asked her to please humor me, give me an hour of your time, and allow me to show a property that I am really impressed with. I showed her a property 12 miles from her target area. She immediately fell in love with the property and is now under contract and very excited. She exclaimed to me "You really listened to me and found me a property that exceeded my expectations and was well under my budget!" This is what experienced professional agents do.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker/PLR
Certified ECO Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522

There are currently three available listings in Cat Mountain. I can show you any one of them tomorrow, or at your earliest convenience. Contact me at (512)560-9318. My old office used to be very close to them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
Every one of us, Austin realtors, answering your quesiton can access sold data from the mls and produce reports for you to show you trends in the data. We can put together a comparative market analysis for you so that you can see how it is priced in relation to similar properties. Once you decide ona realtor, he/she can assist you with your inquiry.

Albert Elhage
512-971-1773
aelhage@austin.rr.com
Any experienced and reputable REALTOR can give you data on housing in the Cat Mountain area. Most REALTORS do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), but I do a Right Price Analysis (RPA) which includes some other variables that a CMA does not. Would count it a privilege to assist you. Let me know
Web Reference: http://turnerteam.com
A realtor can access sold data from the mls and produce reports for you to show you trends in the data. If there is a specific property that you would like analyzed a realtor can put together a comparative market analysis for you so that you can see how it is priced in relation to similar properties. If you would like this kind of information you can call me at 512-658-5235 or visit my website at http://www.angeladandrea.com
Are you currently working with an agent? The fact that you say other Realtors concerns me due to the fact that it is somewhat unclear with the question above, the statistics will all yield the same values if the same criteria is used. Do you have a trusted agent you can querry?