Property Q&A in San Antonio>Question Details

jj, Renter in San Antonio, TX

When is a good time to look for a rental when you have a deadline date?

Asked by jj, San Antonio, TX Fri Mar 1, 2013

Looking to rent a single family house on the NW side of SA for around $1100 month. I need to be out of my current apartment by May 23. Is now a good time to start looking?

Answers

5
Based on the data of our company in over 200 residential managements, you should start looking with an experienced Realtor around the 1st of May, possibly end of April. Be prepared to fill out applications that will look at income, credit history, rental history, employment verification and background checks. If there are any issues with any of those, be completely upfront with the Realtor involved and in filling out the rental application.

Royce Simmonds, Broker-Owner
Simmonds Real Estate Inc.
Schertz
http://www.roycerealestate.com

36 years Active Air Force Service (15 Enlisted-21 Officer)
Thank you for your response. My credit is not so good due to student loans severely affecting my DIR; will this significantly affect my chances of getting into a house? I don't want to rent another apartment.
Flag Fri Mar 1, 2013
Good to start 30 days out from May 1. good rentals go very quickly. If you need help let me know.
Hello ....I reccomend actually walking through homes 30 prior to the date you want to move in.

I would be happy to email you a list of available homes now. So you can get an idea of what is out there.

If you would like listings...send me an email to dianat@thehornco.com
Sample link if you where looking in next 30 days:

http://sabor.connectmls.com/servlet/QL?D=174DLII90KU8VHGJ4GH

Save to your contacts ---> Al Tillman Rental Home/Apartment Agent @ 210-954-4985 to your cell today!
My services are FREE to you. I am paid by referral from the management company of the property of interest. It in no way affects your rent, deposit, or qualification criteria.

Dont stress yourself by calling each individual agents name/phone from interested properties to make random appointments in your spare time. Make 1 call, me! I have access to over 1,017 active rentals in San Antonio,Tx and surrounding areas as of 03/01/13.

I RECOMMEND:

Start 30 days prior to move in date.

Week 1 Email/Call/Text me a detailed list of your rental home criteria. Look over detailed w/photos online list of available homes I email you. Chose interested properties.

Week 2-3 I will set all viewing appointments for you. After viewing properties in person with me chose a property and turn in application + application fee.

Once approved you pay your deposit to hold the space. Hold= On average 2-3 weeks until rent begins.

Await your move in date. Pay 1st months rent, pickup keys!