Property Q&A in Milwaukee>Question Details

Mrs Want To…, Home Buyer in Milwaukee, WI

When I got married I moved in with my husband and my name is not on the deed. We have now been married 9 1/2 yrs do I have any inheritance to the home

Asked by Mrs Want To Know, Milwaukee, WI Tue Oct 25, 2011

Answers

3
You probably have some marital property rights. Check with an attorney of your choosing in the practice areas of family, probate (if it is the case that your husband has passed) or estate planning (if you think need to protect yourself). The link below is how to contact Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee. Good luck to you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
“Inheritance” implies that someone has died. Is that the case with your husband? In any event, the answer to your question is best given by an expert in real estate law your area. That would be an attorney. Check with your local bar association and see if they have a service that can provide a free of low cost consultation for you. Another possibility is a local legal aid society. In a city the size of Milwaukee, you should be able to find what you need to get a free of low cost answer to your question.
This is a legal question best answered by an appropriate attorney... that has been able to review all of the pertinent information as it applies to your situation.