Property Q&A in James Island>Question Details

Angela, Home Buyer in Charleston, SC

What would be my steps to owning this property? This would be my first home to buy. My fiance owns property in Columbia. Thanks Angela

Asked by Angela, Charleston, SC Fri May 25, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3085493118-575-Fort-Johnson-R…

Answers

7
Louis Russo’s answer
1. Good the a reliable Bank and get pre approved

2. Interview several Buyer Agents if you can find one who is ONLY a Buyer Agent Better. You can deal with the Seller Agent which will make he or she a dual agent BUT this limits just how much he or she can REALLY represent you only, that agent can't. Not advisebale.

3. Will your fiance be involved with the purchase of this house ?

4. Is it feasible to sell his house at this time or better to rent. Being a Pure Buyer Agent if my
clients going to take a loss I suggest turning home into a rental til the sellers market comes back.

5. Being in Columbia find a good Property Manager with a Large Local Company. When the time
comes that property manager for sure has realtor in the group to list house for you!

6. Have your Realtor do comps to justify the price being asked and I just looked up the tax records
on that house and see some interesting information on home the present owne acquired the house
and that will help determine first offer.

7. In your offer have your agent ask for closing costs and a 1 year service contract such as AHS.

8. There is no magical solution to offers and accpeting an offer. It comes down too who wants to
buy it more that would be you or sell it more. Looked up tax records on that house and saw item
I would take into consideration when making initial offer. You can email me at louisrusso@bellsouth.net. Happy to share with you even if you pick another agent. Best of luck
Louis Russo Carolina One Buyer, Investor and Relocation Agent
I would be happy to assist and arrange a showing for you. With any home purchase getting in front of your loan options is key. If you need a good local lender to help you get pre-qualified I recommend contacting Joel Greer he really knows the mortgage business. You can give him a call or visit his website and start the process online.

Joel Greer, Carolina One Mortgage , C# 843-327-1575 , joel.greer@gbmail.com
http://www.joelgreerloans.com

If I can assist in any way please let me know. Dan Simon 843-303-1464
PS. Does you Fiance need to sell his property in Cola.? I could also recommend an agent if necessary.
It would be the best thing to figure out what kind of financing you would be able to obtain before committing yourself to any properties. You need to hire an agent to represent you. When I say "hire" that is a term that does not mean you will pay anything up front. However, there are some agreements that a purchaser must decide on before moving forward.. An agent usually represents the seller of the property or the purchase of the property. In our buyers agreements, there is usually a paragraph that states the compensation will be paid through the the MLS agreement. This document is very important and can be sent to you immediately or at the very first meeting with your Agent. If you call the listing agent of the property... they would then have to represent both you and the seller. In other words, they would have to get you the best deal and the seller the best deal... Does that sound impossible? Usually it is not the way to go. It is called dual agency.

It sounds complicated and it needs to be explained. It isn't commplicated but very important. Don't give agents in model homes or the listing agents a lot of details that might not be in your favor. You may not even know what those will be. We always tell the truth but don't have to tell everything that could give the seller an unfair advantage of your circumstances. Your buyers agent will help you you find a great fiancial institution to work with you. I could represent you as a buyers agent.

Let me know if I can help
Kathy Emde
Primrose Properties, LLC kathleenemde@yahoo.com
843-718-7379
Angela,
As Dave mentioned, speaking with a reputable, local lender about getting pre-qualified for a mortgage would be your first step. Then, finding a Realtor who is knowledgable of the area, would also be beneficial.

As a resident of James Island, I would be happy to assist you with any further questions you may have about being a first-time buyer, JI properties and/or can also send you a list of local mortgage specialists that I feel very comfortable referring people to.

Feel free to email or call.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Desiree
1st step Call me

Debbie Knowles
843-609-8998
Angela:

If you are planning to obtain financing to purchase this property, speaking with a competent, professional lender would be your first step. Then.... I would recommend hiring a competent, professional Realtor to represent your best interest. If I can be of assistance in those areas, please feel free to contact me.