Sunny Sran, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

What's the current trend in prices for Almond orchards/farms? I've been looking to buy a 20 acre parcel for well over 3 years now, it

Asked by Sunny Sran, Outside U.S. Mon May 3, 2010

seemed like the prices were more inline with the crop price during 2008, now it seems like the almonds price per lb will be going down but I've seen some listings sitting at 17-20k an acre? Is this upward trend in land prices expected to continue?

I'm pretty set on almonds, seems like the "easiest" crop to farm out of the rest, although I've been looking into overhanging trellis with grapes/raisins, but almond seems like an easier sell if I do want to move on.

I'm looking to buy and hold the land over the long haul(10 years ) and will not be involved in actual farming as I'm in Canada, looking to lease the land back to even the seller. A house on the land would be good to get some rental off that and offset any expenses that might come up, any advice greatly appreciated!