Property Q&A in Wilmette>Question Details

Tricia4law, Home Buyer in Arlington Heights, IL

What is this house made of? It does not look like brick. What is the maintenace related to the exterior? How old are the mechanicals?

Asked by Tricia4law, Arlington Heights, IL Wed Jul 25, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3088829133-2343-Lake-Ave-Wilm…

Answers

2
Hi Tricia,
I am the listing agent for this property. Please feel fee to call me at 847.877.7946 so I can answer all of your questions. The exterior is dry it. I look forward to hearing from you. Stephanie
Hello Tricia,

The exterior of the house is not brick--it's a material called Dryvit, a synthetic material similar to stucco, which is a cement-based product. .Both Dryvit and stucco are durable surfaces that require very little maintenance. During the approximately 30 years that Dryvit has been used in construction, there have some problems with moisture accumulating behind the exterior surface and causing damage. This problem is not usually a function of the material itself, but rather due to faulty installation. Any home inspection conducted by a buyer of a home with a Dryvit exterior would include careful analysis of this surface to rule out potential problems.

Since the home has had some recent renovation, the mechanicals should be on the newer side--wiring, plumbing, etc. must meet village code requirements when work is done. If you would like to see the property and obtain specific information about the individual mechanical elements, I'd be glad to assist you in that process.

Also, there are currently 11 homes in Wilmette in the $300,000-$399,000 range, and 14 homes in the $400,000-$499,000 range, so there's a good selection for buyers looking for good values in the Wilmette/New Trier area.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Dayle Lively