xmaine04, Renter in New York, NY

What is the pet policy on this apartment? I am very interested but I would need to know this information first. Thank you.

Asked by xmaine04, New York, NY Sun Dec 29, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3140899974-210-E-77th-St-New-Yo…

Answers

6
Based on location, size, condition and price this 1 BR apartment seems to good to be true. It doesn't reflect current market prices so the best advice is: Customer Be Aware!

Usually in the description of every apartment there is information regarding the pet policy for that specific apartment. Most owners / managing companies don't like pets on their apartments due to the fact that it can cost a lot to fix any damages caused to the floors. Others are more flexible and are OK with cats while dogs are in a case by case situation. Considering that a pet can make or break a deal, this information is essencial and should be disclosed from the beginning.

The managing companies that accept pets usually have some restrictions and additional fees such as additional rent and security. Some companies can ask you if the pet has been registered in NYC and will request a photo for review and consideration.

When there is not information regarding pets in the ads in some cases this could mean that the policy is flexible but the best advice is to ask that question to your real estate agent before you go ahead with an application, after all the pets need to be legal residents of the apartments as well.

If you are looking for affordable apartments with pet flexible policies anywhere in NYC, I will be glad to help you with your search.

Nelson Leon
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Ardor New York Real Estate
Phone: 212-470-7460
E-mail: nleon@ardorny.com
My current listings: http://www.ardorny.com/nelson-leon
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Unless it's a vacation rental with weekly rent posted, the ad could be a scam; for scam related information see link http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0079-rental-listing-scams
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
I have pet friendly apartments that I can show you. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. Thank you and good luck.
Good luck. At $1000 this cannot be the rent for the month for what appears to be a nice furnished apt in a great location. An unfurnished studio will cost more than that.
Why not contact the listing agent directly for this information
Good luck on your search
Michelle
Looks like a very sweet deal, nice photos. The address puts it on the east side of 3rd Ave. Of all the amenities the agent listed, I wouldn't think they would forget "pet friendly" as those buildings are tough to find. The agent's name is right on the listing. You should call directly and I gotta say, if it's there and ready to go, it will be gone shortly. I love pets but Manhattan rentals can be very tricky when pets are involved. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013