Tiffany, Renter in Tucson, AZ

What is the difference between renting a house and renting an apartment?

Asked by Tiffany, Tucson, AZ Wed May 15, 2013

Fees, other payments if any beside electric, water etc.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3117896197-1919-W-Calle-Guadala…

Answers

5
renting is something for a little while , buying is what you tend to stay in for awhile until you want a new house or relocate
An apartment usually is part of a complex with a structure that includes a company running it, an apartment complex manager and has set rules for tenants. Renting a house can be done direct with owner- as on craigslist or also through a company. Most of those companies are listed on tarmls.com and you would press the "public search" button. Whatever house interests you, contact the agency and tell them. They have credit check forms and other background check forms to approve a potential tenant. Typically those houses on that site rent only 4 weeks out so a tenant must be prepared to move in or at least begin paying rent soon. An apartment complex might have a longer time frame, not sure- if one puts downa deposit to "hold" an apartment if one is moving in from another state. I can be reached at 520-336-2456. I handle residential and commercial sales. I can refer to good rental managers if you are seeking a rental first or while building. Thanks, Patrick Teske,
Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
Generally speaking, there's not usually any fees that you wouldn't see with an apartment. Depending on how updated the a/c is and stuff, the square footage, and a few other things, the electric may or may not differ a whole lot.

The water bill is sometimes wrapped in, but it depends on the type of property. If it's a single family home, utilities are usually not included.

This is the type of thing I've been working mostly in lately. Give me a call or text so you and I can talk a little more about it and so I can show you the property before you rent it and talk about what your other options are.

John Armbruster

520-861-1159
johnarmbrusterkw@gmail.com
Generally it's just a preference. Dave.
Good question, really what a renter pays depends on the agreement they have with the landlord. Some apartments, condos, townhomes include utilities, water, and some do not. Each one is different.

For this particular property, you can call the listing property manager, 3-D Brokerage (520) 325-1525

If you are looking to rent, I would recommend talking with a local Tucson property manager (I do not work rentals) or I have heard many good things from past clients about Apartment Locators. They do more than just apartments, an interested renter can call them, review your criteria with them & they can present a list of options that meet your criteria, including price and terms (like lease length).

Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Spirit

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
Fax (866) 365-5208
SpiritRealty@cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com