Property Q&A in 01776>Question Details

Mmm, Home Owner in 01776

What is the best way to commute to Cambridge from Sudbury? How long should it take?

Asked by Mmm, 01776 Wed Apr 25, 2012

Answers

7
Drive to Lincoln station and take the express to Porter Square and change for the Red Line.
On off-pike or weekends, I travel from Sudbury to Cambridge/Boston on the Mass. Pike in approximately 20 minutes. 7:30a.m. - 9:30a.m. Monday-Friday, it takes approximately 45 minutes.

I agree that South Sudbury is far more accessible (Routes 20, 126, 495, Mass. Pike).
Hi Mmm, the best way to make that commute is by helicopter
Hi, from the North-side, Route 2 to Cambridge or 117 the the Pike depending on where you're going in Cambridge. 117 to Trapelo Road takes you right to Harvard Square, more traffic and lights but it's an alternative if other routes are backed up.
RTe 20 is very congested in the morning. One lane each way. The Pike is your best bet so if Sudbury is your town choice stay on the South Side, You can access Speen st to the Pike much faster!
Off hours, Amy is right those are your best routes. And the traffic is brutal

Beside what Amy says, you could take the mass pike as well, either way it is 1 hour plus in normal communting times.
HI Mmm,

I did a commute of Marlborough to Cambridge for a few years. I found that if I couldn't flex my hours around the commute that route 20 to 126 north to route 2 was the best way. If I could flex my hours around the peak times then I would cut down to the pike via 85 and then route 9.

The pike is much faster but not during heavy commuting hours.

What part of Sudbury?

Amy